News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brett_Morrissy

MO'ing the FAIRWAYS
« on: October 24, 2011, 03:58:01 AM »
Mo Bros, - do you have a Tiger MO, or perhaps a Fuzzy MO or a simple Seve MO or the classic MO Jack...

...a great annual fundraiser with humble beginnings in Australia - Movember - Men grow a Mo for the month of Movember, raising tons of money and vital awareness of Men's Health issues, notably Prostate Cancer and Depression. www.movember.com for those that don't or can't grow a Mo, you can support a Mo Bro by sponsoring the Mo or becoming a Mo Sista.

If anyone is in downtown Victoria, specifically near the Bellarine Peninsula next Monday (potentially a 4 day long weekend for Melbournites), we have the following event, otherwise you could support a Bro or participate. Our Club's Mo space page is: http://mobro.co/MOingtheFairways13thbeach

EVENT:
if anyone is interested in supporting or becoming a Mo Bro, can I interest you perhaps in a game of golf on the Beach course at 13th Beach next Monday, 31st October?

Shotgun start at 1pm, post golf Barby, with "Club Barber" on hand to shave the top lip to ensure a nice fresh start to Moustache Season. ...take a Melbourne Cup long weekend!

$40 members, $80 guests - $20 donation to Movember to get the fundraising off to a good start. The club member Mo Bros and Mo Sistas are hoping to raise well over $5,000.

Lots of excellent prizes - Beach course, carts avail. if required.

If you would like an entry form, send me a PM with your email address and I wll forward the PDF.

Cheers
Brett
Give so the MO may GRO.
@theflatsticker

Ronald Montesano

Re: MO'ing the FAIRWAYS
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 01:32:29 PM »
What the eff is a Mo? I was looking south and imagining the pain...
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Kalen Braley

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 02:11:22 PM »
Looks like its an Aussie thing Ronald,

From the urban dictionary:

Short for mustache. The term "mo" has gained notoriety and been propelled to international fame by the Movember movement.

Originated in Australia, Movember is an annual campaign to raise money for mens' health issues; notably prostate cancer and testicular cancer. Every year men across the globe begin November 1 with a clean shaven face and spend the month growing and grooming a mustache in an effort to raise awareness, and money.

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 05:48:15 PM »
Hang on a minute Kalen...... in Oz "mustache" is spelt moustache...Hence Mo.   I know, I know Yankee spelling versus Brit!
Cheers Colin
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

Kalen Braley

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 07:40:03 PM »
Hang on a minute Kalen...... in Oz "mustache" is spelt moustache...Hence Mo.   I know, I know Yankee spelling versus Brit!
Cheers Colin

My bad Colin,

But to my defense, I was merely only quoting Urban Dictionary...so its thier fault.  ;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back