News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brad Tufts

Re: Craziest thing you have done to fit in as many courses on a trip
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2011, 10:28:56 AM »
Hey Alex....I'm fairly confident we met on the range at Muirfield on your day 4 this summer, our second to last day.

Were you wearing a red hat?

We were staying at Greywalls, and I was with my bro, my dad, and another guy.
I don't remember what hat I was wearing, but I do remember meeting you.  I think you guys were doing our reverse trip, and had just came down from up North.  How did the end of your trip go?  That day was really tough at Muirfield, but the next day when I played 36, I knew my way around and easy able to put up a decent score ;D

Yeah that's about right.  We did come down from the north the night before.  Muirfield was a treat, and to play it the same day as North Berwick was really amazing too.  I had a great caddie who had just competed in the Scottish amateur, so we got around very nicely.  I actually shot one-over on my Muirfield round and won my caddie about 25 quid by birdieing the 9th to finish!
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2011, 10:42:41 AM »
Unbelievable...I just get over the fact that JNC Lyon is  22 and now this Lagowitz guy is , like , 17 or 18? God Almighty, I'm feeling so old!
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2011, 10:46:01 PM »
I have 3 trips to Scotland that were over a course a day. 21 courses and 38 rounds in 21 days being the best. One time at Bandon averaged 50 holes a day for 7 days.

ed_getka

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2011, 10:54:31 PM »
Craziest thing I have done ?

Tried to see at least 2 courses a day over nearly a month throughout the USA.
   I had the pleasure of joining Kevin for a day of this tour. Drove 11 hours up from NC, had dinner with Kevin and stayed up talking golf until 1am, up at 5am to get ready for ferry over to Fishers Island. Golfed all day and then ferry back over to CT. Dinner with the guys until 10pm, then back in the car and 11 hours down to NC. Nothing to it. ;D And worth every minute.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2011, 12:17:37 AM »
Ed

I remember that well and people thought I thought I was crazy  ;)

Half a days driving - two games of golf (walked) and close to 30 hrs of activity all on 4 hours sleep - now that's going the extra mile......

Michael Goldstein

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2011, 06:25:07 AM »
Chappas, maybe our exit strategy from Dubai to Australia.  Round one at 1400 in Abu Dhabi. Next 'day' at 0001 in Dubai.  Fly to Perth, played in pro-am the next day at 1000.  My golf in the pro-am was laughably bad!

Or Long Island.  Hugely lucky on the golf front but it was 95 degrees and we slept in the car and showered in long island sound / various golf clubs for 4 nights straight..   
@Pure_Golf

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2011, 05:21:58 PM »
Goldy you are a legend looking forward to the book!

You could also write a small guide to "blagging your excess baggage at DXB"   :'(
Cave Nil Vino

James Bennett

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2011, 06:12:50 AM »
35 different courses in 35 days from the upper peninusla in Michigan all the way down to Southern Florida.
21 courses in Australia in 21 days
16 rounds in 11 days in Scotland and again in Ireland
Flying to Hawaii to knockoff one course in the top 100
Now that I look back, was I really that nuts?

Cary

you left out the private jet for that other 'critical' course in the top 100.  Not nuts, just a good organiser.  :)

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back