News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Pete Balzer

Re: Is Utah the "worst" golf state in the lower 48?
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2011, 09:50:40 PM »

How is Louisiana not running away with this one.  Is there any classic design in the state?  I could not find one Ross, MacDonald, Raynor, Flynn, MacKenzie, Colt/Alison, Strong or Tilly course in the state.  Further, no modern is ranked anywhere or even has a cult following.

Would any Louisiana course be ranked in the top 20 of the better golf states?

The only course I've played in La. is Squire Creek.  I do believe this course would crack some top 20's

Garland Bayley

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2011, 10:12:18 PM »

... Is there any classic design in the state?  I could not find one Ross, MacDonald, Raynor, Flynn, MacKenzie, Colt/Alison, Strong or Tilly course in the state. ....

I don't think you looked hard enough.

EDIT: My mistake. I thought there was a Raynor, but could not find one in Cornish & Whitten.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 10:21:06 PM by Garland Bayley »
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Jeffrey Conners

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2011, 09:02:36 AM »
Metairie Country Club is a Seth Raynor.  New Orleans Country Club was built before World War I but not sure who designed it.

Carl Rogers

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2011, 10:04:45 AM »
Tennesse is pretty weak for publics .... but some of you may talk me out of that??

Garland Bayley

« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2011, 01:18:40 PM »
Metairie Country Club is a Seth Raynor.  New Orleans Country Club was built before World War I but not sure who designed it.

Thanks Jeffrey,

I couldn't remember the name, and Cornish and Whitten didn't list it in their list of courses he did.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back