News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy Williamsen

Invitation to play Musgrove Mill Nov 2
« on: October 16, 2011, 10:27:47 PM »
Well, Musgrove Mill is closing on Dec 5.  For Good?  We'll see.  The fat lady is warming up but we're hoping the band doesn't know the song.  Just in case it really does close, I will be down at Musgrove the first week of November.  I can host as many as want to play on Wednesday November 2.  We can go off at 1pm and stay for dinner if you desire.  Greens fees are $80. I will be staying at the club, so feel free to come early. 
Here is a write up I did for the club.  Sorry the pictures don't really do it justice.  It really is a remarkable place.

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/in-my-opinion/musgrove-mill/

Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Bill_McBride

Re: Invitation to play Musgrove Mill Nov 2
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 10:33:49 PM »
Well, Musgrove Mill is closing on Dec 5.  For Good?  We'll see.  The fat lady is warming up but we're hoping the band doesn't know the song.  Just in case it really does close, I will be down at Musgrove the first week of November.  I can host as many as want to play on Wednesday November 2.  We can go off at 1pm and stay for dinner if you desire.  Greens fees are $80. I will be staying at the club, so feel free to come early. 
Here is a write up I did for the club.  Sorry the pictures don't really do it justice.  It really is a remarkable place.

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/in-my-opinion/musgrove-mill/

Wish I could, Tommy but impossible.   I hope some of the guys take you up, it's such a solid course. 

Mark Pritchett

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 11:04:33 PM »
Tommy,

Thanks for the generous invitation.  Count me in.

I will send you a PM as well.

Mark

Matt MacIver

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 02:13:30 PM »
Bumping to the top so it doesn't get missed, a wonderful invitation to play an excellent course, unfortunately I can't make it but thanks for providing the opportunity. 

Roger Wolfe

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 03:42:25 PM »
Hi Tommy,

I would love to play too.  As of today... that day looks clear.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 04:58:37 PM »
Hi Tommy,

I would love to play too.  As of today... that day looks clear.

Great, I look forward to meeting you.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Bruce Wellmon

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 06:56:26 PM »
Tommy,
          Weekdays are tough for me.
          But I was at MM this past Saturday on a glorious day. MM almost always seems to get the best of me.
          Thanks for the invitation.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 07:49:50 PM »
I have tried to PM some of you with my cell phone # but am not sure they went through.  I look forward to meeting you at Musgrove.
Tommy
St. John of the Cross

Jamey Bryan

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 09:13:38 PM »
Tommy:

I've sent a PM also, but I'd very much like to join in.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Jamey

JC Jones

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 09:18:27 PM »
Tommy,

Thanks for the offer.  If Mark, Roger and Jamey are going then I HAVE to go to.  Please pencil me in for the 2nd.

Thanks

I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

ed_getka

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 10:48:38 PM »
Tommy,
    Thanks for the kind offer, but Duke plays basketball that day and I have to keep my priorities in order. :)
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 09:05:05 AM »
Tommy,
    Thanks for the kind offer, but Duke plays basketball that day and I have to keep my priorities in order. :)

It's an exhibition game!!! You've got a chance to play (maybe for the last time ever) one of the 10 best courses in SC and you'd rather watch an exhibition basketball game. My God, Duke will play 31 regular season games this year that actually count (and every year).

Yes, you do need to get your priorities in order!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

ed_getka

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 01:33:32 PM »
Tommy,

It's an exhibition game!!! You've got a chance to play (maybe for the last time ever) one of the 10 best courses in SC and you'd rather watch an exhibition basketball game. My God, Duke will play 31 regular season games this year that actually count (and every year).

Michael,
    My wife finishes graduate school this year and I attend Duke games practically for free. I have been a serious fan of the basketball program since the late 70's when I was in high school. I don't pass up ANY opportunities to go to any game at Cameron.
    From a golf standpoint I have seen a lot of great courses over the years, and it is the GCA'ers that I am more interested in meeting at this  point, and Tommy isn't retiring from golf so I will meet him at another gathering.
    My priorities are in order, just not in the same order as yours! :)
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 03:40:18 PM »
Tommy,

Michael,
    My wife finishes graduate school this year and I attend Duke games practically for free. I have been a serious fan of the basketball program since the late 70's when I was in high school. I don't pass up ANY opportunities to go to any game at Cameron.
    From a golf standpoint I have seen a lot of great courses over the years, and it is the GCA'ers that I am more interested in meeting at this  point, and Tommy isn't retiring from golf so I will meet him at another gathering.

It's an EXHIBITION game!!! A glorified practice.

Do you paint your face blue & white for an EXHIBITION game or just wear the blue hair?

« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 03:43:44 PM by Michael Whitaker »
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Bill_McBride

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 05:06:56 PM »
Whitty on an ACC roll!   ;D

Bruce Wellmon

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 05:43:49 PM »
Tommy,

Hopefully, you didn't attend the football game today.
Go Deacs !!
Yes, I know payback is coming. Duke's women's team could beat this years Deacon men's team.
Wake Forest used to be a basketball school first and foremost. Not anymore.

ed_getka

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 11:17:37 PM »
Tommy,

Michael,
    From a golf standpoint I have seen a lot of great courses over the years, and it is the GCA'ers that I am more interested in meeting at this  point, and Tommy isn't retiring from golf so I will meet him at another gathering.

It's an EXHIBITION game!!! A glorified practice.

Do you paint your face blue & white for an EXHIBITION game or just wear the blue hair?

Mike,
     Those are not fans, they are just narcissists who want to get on TV. Most of those kids have no idea what is actually going on during the game.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 09:46:34 AM »
Still have plenty of room if you care to join us.  Looks like Daryl Boe may play as well.
St. John of the Cross

JC Jones

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 08:14:47 PM »
Bump for tomorrow!
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Jamey Bryan

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2011, 08:28:58 PM »
Good bump, Jason!

I'm planning on getting in around noon (maybe a little before if traffic behaves) and am really looking forward to it.

Hope my game's improved a little since Sunday at Providence....

Jamey

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2011, 11:19:06 PM »
Daryl Boe, from Musgrove will joining us. Think some of you already know him. I will be at the club by late morning so come anytime.
St. John of the Cross

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 12:35:03 AM »
Looking forward to it Tommy, how were the greens today.  I hope they were rolling as good as they were on Sunday morning.  I am looking forward to seeing some of the rest of the gang out there as well.  Still not too late for any last minute additions.

We would love to have you tomorrow (oops now today)...
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 09:49:05 AM »
The greens were as quick as I have ever seen them. The course is in great shape.
St. John of the Cross

Jamey Bryan

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 10:16:11 PM »
I just got back from a great day with Tommy, Turboe, Mark, and Jason at Musgrove Mill and want to thank Tommy for his generous hospitality.  Tommy's love for the club and the course shines through constantly, it was a privilege to play it with him.

It was also fun to watch Turboe knock the stick down with almost every approach.....   a great round.

Thanks again for a great day, guys!

Jamey

Lawrence Largent

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2011, 10:51:41 PM »
I'm playing in the annual Fall Invitational 4-ball this weekend.  It's very sad this time next year I won't have the same excitement of playing there again.  I've played now for the last 8 or 9 years and it's become one of my favorite events.  I hope you guys really enjoyed the day.

Lawrence

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back