News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Hendler

New Member Intro New
« on: October 07, 2011, 11:09:18 AM »
Hello everyone.  I have been "stalking" and viewing the posts on Golf Club Atlas for a while now, but I made my first post yesterday, briefly about the renovation/restoration on #2 at Pienhurst.  I wanted to start a new post to properly introduce myself.

My name is David and I'm currently living in Miami, Florida.  I moved to Miami when I started law school at the University of Miami.  I'm just shy of my 30th birthday and will getting married April 28, 2012 in Philadelphia (I hope we get great weather to sneak in a few rounds at some of the great courses in the area!). My fiancee and I live in downtown Miami on Brickell Key. We are both attorneys in Miami. She works a big firm while I started my own practice at the beginning of 2010. Best professional decision I have made thus far...  

While I live in Miami I play most of my golf in Florida at Adios GC about 40 miles north of Miami.  I grew up in New York about 60 miles NW of Manhattan and seriously picked up the game when my family moved to South Florida before high school.  I never played golf for my high school but did play in college for 3 years as the number 5 player.  The cold-weather golf hurt my game badly at the time.  

I look forward to some great discussions on in this forum and hopefully can meet up for a round at some point!

Dave
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 12:28:44 PM by DBH »

BHoover

Re: New Member Intro
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 11:19:49 AM »
Welcome David.  I'm a new member too.  And I'm also an attorney. 

David Hendler

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 11:24:06 AM »
Great to meet you.  I have enjoyed viewing the forums, but finally decided it was time to participate!

There is some great golf near you in Ohio!

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 11:25:52 AM »
Dave,

Welcome!

Obviously, your fiance does not play golf since you're at Adios. How are things there these days?

Good luck in your practice. I left a law factory many years ago to start my own practice and am now almost retired. What area of law is your practice?
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

David Hendler

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 11:33:53 AM »
Steve,

Thanks for the warm welcome. 

I am trying to get her into the game with a few lessons, but she is not yet a golfer...

She actually loves that I have my own thing on Saturday mornings, thankfully.  That could've been a deal-breaker! ;) Course is in great shape and will be getting better as we move into primetime golf season down here!

I practice primarily in commercial real estate with some corporate work (~10%) and other miscellaneous matters (~5%).

PCCraig

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 12:06:38 PM »
Welcome David.
H.P.S.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 12:06:41 PM »
Welcome, Dave!  

Where in South Florida did your family move and where did you go to high school?

I'm a rare Floridian, born in Miami Beach, grew up in Plantation and went to the Nova schools. I went against the curve and escaped to Chicago.

Beside Adios, what are your other favorite courses in the area?  

"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

David Hendler

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 12:22:33 PM »
Pat - Thanks!

Howard - My family moved to Boca Grove and I went to school at Pine Crest.  Aside from Adios, the golf I play in Florida is fairly limited.  I play at Doral (mainly Blue and White courses) often, the Biltmore, Crandon and Miami Beach GC from time to time.  I have enjoyed the courses at Trump in West Palm, MacArthur in Martin County and La Gorce on Miami Beach.  I am dying to play at Seminole at some point and Indian Creek in Miami.

Pete Blaisdell

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 12:44:20 PM »
David
 Welcome to GCA. I am new myself and I have enjoyed the give and take with the members. I have been out of the loop for the last month with medical issues and have just started to get caught up with all the posts I missed. Looking forward to your input.

I had a condo in Deerfield Beach from 81-99 and then sold it but had the opportunity to play many of the courses in the area. I played Adios many times as a guest of Del Miller who was a great friend of my Dad's and my Dad's good friend Bill Rosenburg (founder Dunkin'Donuts). Adios is one of the more enjoyable clubs in Florida. You could always find a game with a few dollars on the line. Played a number of times with Dave Thomas from Wendy's and always learned a new profanity after a round with Dave. One of the great clubhouses in golf is Adios.

Hope you get the opportunity to play Seminole, one of the great walks in golf. I would also recommend Pine Tree, Boca Rio and Everglades.

All the best!!!-----Welcome.
' Golf courses are like wives and the prom queen doesn't always make for the best wife "

David Hendler

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 12:55:25 PM »
Pete,

Thanks for the welcome.  The courses you mentioned are tops in the area, I have yet to play them, but hope to in time. I believe Del and Dave were founding members of the club. You were right about the clubhouse!

Jim Franklin

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 12:58:12 PM »
Welcome David. As a University of Miami grad, it is nice to have another Cane on board albeit a Law School Cane, but a Cane nonetheless. I live in Baltimore now and am 90 minutes from Philly. When you get married and if you can sneak out one day, please feel free to come down and play Baltimore Country Club. It is an old Tillinghast that I think is vastly underrated.
Mr Hurricane

David Hendler

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 03:58:02 PM »
Jim,

Thanks for the offer!  I just read another thread about BCC, I can't wait to check it out!

Regards,
David
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 04:05:19 PM by David Hendler »

Brandon Skopelja

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 04:37:45 PM »
David,
If you ever make it up to Palm Beach, give me a shout and we can get out for a round.

brandon.skopelja@nicklaus.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back