News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tony Weiler

Re: Top 10 "Best Courses for the Money" Courses in the US: Links Magazine
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2011, 03:57:56 PM »
Sven, I paid about $125 for the triple challenge in 2006, and there probably isn't a better value in golf. I think it's gone up a bit since then. All three courses are worth playing regardless do the deal. But a lot of the towns in that area havent seen much population expansion in decades. Ii think Sidney, MT has been in the 5k to 6k range since my dad was a kid there in the 1940s. The impact that the oil boom has had is kind of interesting to watch. The McDonalds in Sidney has had to outsource the drive through window because it has been so hard to find people to work. Rental rates are through the roof. Just curious if it has had any effect on the local golf courses.

Bill & Sven,

I've never heard of the Lewis and Clark Golf Trail Triple Challenge but it sounds like a fantastic deal and one worth looking into next season as I'm within a days drive of ND. Thanks for the heads up.

Pat (or anyone) if you get up this way look me up.  I never got to play with Sven when he was here (even though we did tee it up at Ballyneal).  The growth here is amazing, but not sure how it affects golf yet.  Maybe the rounds at The Links will increase, and I know that would be good for the course.  When playing there in late August is was virtually empty (as it usually is mid week).  I will talk to friends in the area and see what they think.  Bully Pulpit had bad flooding this spring, and only played a makeshift 9 holes from Memorial Day on.  They generally get more play than The Links, purely because of location.

The Triple Package is a great deal.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back