News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Pete_Pittock

Re: Terrain: How steep is too steep? [for a tee shot on a par 4]
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2012, 02:50:28 PM »
Painswick came to my mind. Glad Sean mentioned it. If htey mowed the fairway a little bit the likely outcome of your shot would be OB behind you.
At Bandon Dunes the 9th on Pacific Dunes and the 3rd at Old Macdonald. For me the PD9 is an extreme carry issue, OM3 makes me think to hit a 3W.
The 12th at Royal Colwood (Victoria BC) has a steep hill, maybe 30' tall, right iin front of the tee. I backed up one tee marker to get far enough back to take hitting it out of the equation. The move failed.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2012, 03:07:32 PM »
The first that came to mind in the Philly Area is Jeffersonville's 14th (Ross):
http://www.myphillygolf.com/uploads/bausch/Jeffersonville/pages/page_99.html?

I have no idea how much it rises...30-40 feet maybe?  I love the tee shot.

I am certain Joe has a particular Philly area one in mind.

14 at Jeff is probably more like 25 feet, especially since the tee is well elevated above the creek. The dent in the sole of my 2iron is from a pebble on that tee.

The shot on 18 at Middletown in Bucks County is quite uphill.

Cameron DeVries

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2012, 04:58:55 PM »
I just thought of the 17th at Kebo Valley as a notable uphill par 4 - I played it many years ago.  The approach is 30-40 ft uphill over a stream & big bunker.  I've never played another hole quite like it.     http://www.corbisimages.com/stock-photo/rights-managed/OT002395/17th-hole-at-kebo-valley-golf-course
"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their mind cannot change anything."  -George Bernard Shaw

Ivan Morris

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2012, 05:13:43 PM »
2nd at Rosses Point, Co. Sligo and 18th at Palmares in Portugal (a horrible way to finish a round) are extremely steep par 4s as is the par 5, 11th at Tralee.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back