News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Nuzzo

New Weiskopf Kukuiula GC
« on: June 04, 2011, 11:36:51 AM »
This was a tweet from Ron Whitten:
New Weiskopf Kukuiula GC opens in 2 weeks on Kauai, could be Hawaii's Pebble Beach, but it's private. http://twitpic.com/55x4q3

It doesn't look like the water comes into play on those holes, unlike Pebble. 
I don't like the looks of the course.

Any knowledge of this course?

Cheers
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Tom_Doak

Re: New Weiskopf Kukuiula GC
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 12:08:38 PM »
I wondered how they got permits to go right up against the cliffs in Hawaii, which is almost impossible to get permits for nowadays.

When you blow up the picture, you can see that not only do the cart paths run on the ocean side of the clifftop holes, but there are access roads for public parking along those holes as well.  I don't remember any of that at Pebble.  But, hey, any new course is big news.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 12:17:50 PM »
I'd like one of the cottages there.

Here's the golf:

http://kukuiula.com/Pages/TheClub/?fsId=3
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Mike Jansen

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 01:10:59 AM »
Last May I stayed at the Lawai Beach hotel/condo/timeshare with backs right up to the golf course.  At that time the course was not finished, but every morning they were out mowing it, which made me think thats quite a maintenance budget for a course that is not open. 

From what I could see the course looked really flat but it did extend out towards the mountains.  Hard to believe that it borders any of the ocean because as we left the hotel and drove towards Spouting Horn the course would have been separated by houses and the road.  A co-worker of mine knows the golf professional out there and makes it sound like a pretty sweet gig... when things are bad at work we always joke "Do you know where it doesn't suck?  Kukuiaula!"

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 08:16:55 PM »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Ryan Farrow

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 10:43:01 PM »
I also read about the yahoo news story yesterday, did some searching and one of the photos caught my eye. I knew it had to be Aiden Bradley's.... sure enough  http://www.golfcoursephotography.com/results.asp?KW=Kukuiula

I for one think a lot of ocean holes are under bunkered, I would say these are over bunkered and a little distracting but it certainly looks interesting, would love to hear more about the place...

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back