News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Howard Riefs

Books: Raynor, Doak
« on: September 14, 2011, 01:13:07 PM »
Pulling out into a new topic as it got lost in another thread...

I'm in the process of adding to my 'library' of golf books.

For the book collectors among us, are there any books/bios specifically about Raynor that are recommended or in existence?  I can't find much of anything online via Library of Congress, Amazon, Abebooks, Alibris, etc.

Secondly, it's been 10 years since T Doak published a new book. Tom, not that you haven't been busy to say the least, but any chance there's a book up your sleeve? Are you still pursuing the Pac Dunes book referenced on your site?  

http://www.renaissancegolf.com/thoughts/books_by_tom_/    

Thanks.

"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Jud_T

Re: Books: Raynor, Doak
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 02:08:13 PM »
Howard,

I believe one of GCA's own is in the process of working on the definitive Raynor book.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

PCCraig

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 02:30:12 PM »
Howard,

I believe one of GCA's own is in the process of working on the definitive Raynor book.

That's right, but there hasn't been much information on the subject for some time now.
H.P.S.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 04:53:33 PM »
Jud, Pat -

Thanks for the heads up about the possible Raynor book in the works.  I hope it comes to fruition.
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back