News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Malcolm Mckinnon

Hey Tom Paul- Not so shabby
« on: October 12, 2012, 02:05:26 AM »
[/url]
IMG_0250 by macmalc, on Flickr[/url]

Sorry, my iphone camera had a hard time focusing on this one. Tom Paul has six Gulph Mills club championship notches on his belt between the middle 1980's and early 1990's.

Tom, your modesty far surpasses your accomplishments.

Also worthy of note for me was John Ott with two notches back in the late 1960's. RIP John, the former "mayor" of Pine Valley who I had an acquaintance with.

A lovely day at Gulph Mills today with two Union League Clubs squaring off in Match play. Alas, Philly defeated New York. The Golf Course was set up for a "Tough" tournament last weekend and they still had all the impossible pin positions in place. Wow! those were some mind XXXXing hole locations
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 02:12:52 AM by Malcolm Mckinnon »

Tom Culley

Re: Hey Tom Paul- Not so shabby
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 06:14:34 AM »
A member at my club won our Club Championship every year of the 90s, just 10 of his 18 wins!
"Play the ball as it lies, play the course as you find it, and if you cannot do either, do what is fair. But to do what is fair, you need to know the Rules of Golf."

Mark McKeever

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 07:53:37 AM »
Nice work Tom Paul!  Thats pretty impressive.

I'll have to take a picture of J. Fred Christman's notches at Phoenixville next time I am there.  Similar story.

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Dan Kelly

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 09:25:52 AM »
No apologies necessary for the quality of the picture.

Now we can all experience what the world looked like, to Tom's dad and his pals, after a night of Prohibition hooch!
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back