News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Will MacEwen

Halifax, NS - Forest Lakes Country Club (Nicklaus)
« on: September 13, 2011, 11:48:57 AM »
http://www.nicklaus.com/design/forestlakes/

Anyone know anything about this?  Sounds like an ambitious project.

Don Hyslop

Re: Halifax, NS - Forest Lakes Country Club (Nicklaus)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 02:38:15 PM »
Here is a link to a video prepared by the roject's development company.

http://www.landcorpinternational.com/en/Investment-Opportunities/Introduction/View-Movie/

It is planned to be so much more than a golf course. Here are some of the features proposed.
A luxury lifestyle resort with a range of accommodation options including villas, townhouses, apartments and a variety of commercial outlets including a luxury hotel. A huge variety of indoor and outdoor activities including: Golf course and driving range to be designed by world famous Nicklaus Design
Gymnasium and Spa
Tennis
Indoor and outdoor swimming pools
Skiing and cross-country skiing
Equestrian facilities and walking trails

A series of interconnecting lakes providing access to a wide range of water sports plus easy access to the great Canadian outdoors: Sailing, Canoeing and Windsurfing
Fishing and Ice-fishing
Ice-skating and Ice-curling

Thompson golf holes were created to look as if they had always been there and were always meant to be there.

Will MacEwen

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 02:52:25 PM »
Don I couldn't figure out where it is - just "near Halifax".  Do you know where it is?

Does this seem viable for the area (I recall you are a Maritimer)?

Jeff_Mingay

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 04:06:24 PM »
Will,

I've heard about this project for some time, having been involved with a few others nearby. The viability of such a project in Nova Scotia is something I've thought about, too, knowing the area. But, of course, I certainly hope it succeeds.
jeffmingay.com

Don Hyslop

Thompson golf holes were created to look as if they had always been there and were always meant to be there.

Don Hyslop

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 06:29:16 PM »
Whether it will be successful is another question. There is a similar type project set for Louisbourg in Cape Breton. The course was to be designed by the Faldo Group and there were to be condos, etc. I am not sure whether the project is still on or not but there has been very little news about it lately. It was to appeal to Europeans I believe. That being said this Forest Lake location is very near the Halifax airport, which should be a plus.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back