News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Hissey

Golf Club Flags
« on: September 08, 2011, 10:35:31 PM »
Does anyone have any background on how clubs designed their flags? All I can find is informstion about the flags on the greens.

Your help would be very much appreciated. 

Chris Johnston

Re: Golf Club Flags
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 12:10:40 AM »
Our flags include our logo, and the club colors are in honor of the Mullen Broncos - Gold and Black.  The words Mullen, Nebraska are sewn into a panel on each flag.  Next year, we may also add "201" on a panel as well.

At Dismal River, we pay tribute to great local people and a very special place.

David Cronheim

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 10:00:20 AM »
It seems pretty simple - slapped your logo onto red white and blue flags (or just one color some places). However, it was actually quite complicated. We used Here's Fred Golf. They were great and we went through a few iterations before settling on a final set. If you have any red, white or blue in your logo and you want to use R/W/B flags, you'll have to be a little creative. We had to use R/W/B because we have a very hilly course and it's difficult to see where the pin is with just one color.

Here's what we considered (note the little white specs in set 2 wouldn't be there because it'd be embroidered):

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/3131389/tbcc-flag-option-1-pdf-september-9-2011-9-58-am-1-0-meg?da=y

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/3131390/tbcc-flag-option-2-pdf-september-9-2011-9-58-am-1-0-meg?da=y

We had a lot of debate but eventually went with option 1. I'll try to take some pictures of them to upload, but they look great. You have to have them embroidered - the silk screening fades and just doesn't look as good in my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 10:05:05 AM by David Cronheim »
Check out my golf law blog - Tee, Esq.

Mark Hissey

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 11:25:16 AM »
 Thank you for your responses.

I was thinking more about the main flags at the clunhouses that generally do not incorporate the club logo.

Carl Johnson

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 04:55:43 PM »

. . . I was thinking more about the main flags at the clunhouses that generally do not incorporate the club logo.

Mark, just out of curiosity, why is it your understanding that the main flag at the clubhouse generally would not incorporate the club logo?  I should make clear that I have never really paid attention to club flags.  My club in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA, flies the US flag and the North Carolina state flag out front, but we do not have a club flag.  Of course, I am sure many other clubs do.  Still, my assumption would be that the club flag would include the club logo.  It may be that you and I would differ on what is meant by a "logo."  One definition of "logo" I have found is: "a graphic representation or symbol of a company name, trademark, abbreviation, etc., often uniquely designed for ready recognition."  It seems to me that as so defined, you would want include the club logo on the club's flag.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 07:13:37 PM by Carl Johnson »

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 05:21:20 PM »
Friar's Head has a two flags in its logo (and on each pin as you play the course), representing the nautical symbols for the letters "F" and "H", respectively.
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 10:58:54 PM »
Mark, I see combinations of a club flag with state and American flags fairly often. The club flag being logo and club color driven.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back