News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bart Bradley

Invitation to come and play The Olde Farm....
« on: August 28, 2011, 08:16:21 PM »
I am free this Friday morning Sept 2nd.  I'd be happy to host some folks at The Olde Farm in Bristol, VA.  There are a number of threads on the course if you are unfamiliar.  The course has some interesting features and the club setting is fantastic.  Please send me an IM if you would be interested.  I do have to leave town in the afternoon, so we would likely be limited to 18 -- outside chance at 27 if the group is small and quick.

Happy to hear from you,

Bart   8)

David Cronheim

Re: Invitation to come and play The Olde Farm....
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 09:02:36 PM »
Wish I could join you. I've only heard great things about olde farm. Sadly (or not so sadly) I'll be at a wedding in bar harbor next weekend.
Check out my golf law blog - Tee, Esq.

Bart Bradley

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 07:58:45 AM »
David:

Thanks.

Will bump this up.   I understand this is short notice.  Any takers?

Bart

Carl Nichols

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 09:56:22 AM »
Great invite, thanks very much for extending it, but I can't make it down on such short notice. 

Bart Bradley

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 09:41:26 PM »
I've got one taker.  Anyone else wish to join in?

I'll try again if you can't come this time.  Thanks for the nice notes.

Best,

Bart

Eric Smith

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 10:01:59 PM »
Wow, Bart- I gave the day off to my office mgr so duty calls...any other day and I'm in the car headed to Bristol. Bummer!

A most generous offer to see a heckuva golf course. One of my favorites. Folks should jump on this one, you'll be very glad you did.

John Foley

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 10:06:33 PM »
Bart - just left NC heading home - wish I could have stayed longer and taken you up - your offer is beyond generous.

Hope you get a great group

Integrity in the moment of choice

mike_beene

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 10:15:12 PM »
Very generous but can't get there then.Just the invite makes my day.

Tim Gavrich

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 10:48:39 PM »
Dang; if only I was a year younger and heading back to VA for another year at W&L.  Three hours each way from Lexington to and from Bristol would've been a no-brainer for me.  Instead, I'm stuck in the damp northeast.

An awesome, generous offer; I'm sure there will be takers.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Criss Titschinger

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 02:50:37 PM »
I wish I could take up the offer. On the way from Cincy, I could have stopped by Pine Mountain State Park in Kentucky to play Wasioto Winds.

Haven't been in Virginia since my 3 semesters at U. of Richmond. Would definitely like to get back some time.

Billsteele

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 05:17:46 PM »
Bart-Very generous offer. Unfortunately, high school football and work prevent me from taking you up on it. Have heard very good things about the course from friends who have made the trek down. Thanks for the open invite.

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 05:47:03 PM »
Bart-Very generous offer. Unfortunately, high school football and work prevent me from taking you up on it. Have heard very good things about the course from friends who have made the trek down. Thanks for the open invite.

Bobby Weed is underrated around here and based on the website, this looks like a fabulous place.

CJ Carder

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 10:24:14 PM »
Bart thanks for the very generous offer. Unfortunately for me, I'm left to deal with a number of unpleasant souvenirs from Hurricane Irene.

CJ

David_Madison

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 10:38:28 PM »
I played The Olde Farm a couple of months ago and it was a real treat. It has some elements that are totally unique, and when combined with the superb architecture and great playing conditions, it made for a fantastic day. Anyone who has an opportunity to experience The Olde Farm should jump at it! 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back