News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jay Flemma

Re: How many par 3's have you played where
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2011, 02:01:47 PM »
MIke Strantz likes to do that a lot.  3 at Tobacco Road is a great example.  From one set of tees it tests distance control, frpm the others, accuracy.
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Alex Lagowitz

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2011, 11:38:07 PM »
Pat,

I understand you have played Essex County Country Club, so would the 9th hole fit the idea.

There is a lower tee that is at ground level and is about 20 ft lower, 50 yards left, and at a different angle than the normal upper tee.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2011, 11:43:15 PM »
Pat,

I understand you have played Essex County Country Club, so would the 9th hole fit the idea.

There is a lower tee that is at ground level and is about 20 ft lower, 50 yards left, and at a different angle than the normal upper tee.

Alex,

Yes, the hole plays entirely different from those two tees.

Jim_Coleman

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2011, 07:35:00 AM »
#8 Merion.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2011, 08:39:18 AM »

The 17th at Roko Ki in The Dominican Republic looks alot like 7 at Pebble Beach. It is sometimes played from the back of the 18th tee making it around 120 yards from a frighteninig angle to a green surrounded by water.

Anthony

Bart Bradley

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2011, 09:50:09 AM »
Pat:

Here is a thread on the same topic started by Ed Oden, who must have been too polite to tell you:

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,40564.0.html

Leopard Creek has a par 3 with more than 90 degrees of variation in the teeing grounds....see the above thread.

Bart

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2011, 11:58:14 PM »
Pat,

Alex,

I had dinner with your dad tonight.

We had a nice conversation about you, GCA.com, golf and architecture.

I think he and Gary are in our flight

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2011, 12:01:29 AM »
Bart,

The statute of limitations and my memory lapse at the two year mark !

Alex Lagowitz

« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2011, 08:28:51 PM »
Pat,

Alex,

I had dinner with your dad tonight.

We had a nice conversation about you, GCA.com, golf and architecture.

I think he and Gary are in our flight

Playing the Hollywood member-guest? 
Good luck, my dad and Gary are quite the pair. 
You guys should have a lot of fun on that course, it's truely a gem.

Paul Jones

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2011, 04:38:56 PM »
Ocean Forest 17th.  Will look to see if I have a picture.  There is also a Par 3 at Whispering Pines with multiple tee grounds going around the hole.
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2011, 04:47:24 PM »
Pat, My Louisiana home course Oakbourne CC has one where the holes plays from 135 to 165 from one directions to 165 to 200 from 60 degrees left of there. Frankly the longer tee is only good to front pin placement. The green was not designed for th longer shots. The 15th has one tee set 15 degrees off and it makes for a great option. That hole plays 150 to 200ish. TPC 17 has tees that wrap around the Lake. It seems I have seen that feature a number of places. The Bandon courses do a great job of giving many tees from numerous directions.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 04:51:51 PM by Tiger_Bernhardt »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back