News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

ANTHONYPIOPPI

The Machrie Has New Owners
« on: June 30, 2011, 05:27:48 PM »
Gavyn Davies and his family have purchased the property.

http://anthonypioppi.blogspot.com/2011/06/machrie-has-new-owner.html

Tony_Muldoon

Re: The Machrie Has New Owners
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 06:02:00 PM »
He resigned the BBC job as a matter of honour.  However it subsequently transpired that the lack of hounour was on the goverment side and it was Blair who shoould have fallen on his sword if he had the same priciples. 

Money and Principles? Hopefully the Machrie couldn't be in better hands.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Garland Bayley

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 06:05:06 PM »
"In 2005 he set up a $1.35 Billion hedge fund to invest in macroeconomic situations. He wrote a weekly column on mathematics and statistics, Gavyn Davies does the maths, on Thursdays for the The Guardian newspaper."

Math teachers of the world rejoice. You can now tell you students. Study your maths, it may lead to owning a golf course some day.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Michael Goldstein

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 11:39:25 PM »
Good luck to Gavyn.  The Machrie is a pure golfing experience all enthusiasts should do.

And the tie in with the magical ferry ride and the best distilleries in the world makes this one of the very best 24 hour golf trips on the planet.
@Pure_Golf

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 04:39:46 PM »
Good luck to Gavyn.  The Machrie is a pure golfing experience all enthusiasts should do.

And the tie in with the magical ferry ride and the best distilleries in the world makes this one of the very best 24 hour golf trips on the planet.

Having just returned from an itinerary that featured a day on Islay I can second that emotion!  Walking through the small opening in the wall onto the first tee at Machrie is something that I will never forget for the rest of my life. What a place.  

And to couple that with a trip to my favorite single malt distillery Laphroaig to "Collect my rent" on my piece of land that they rent back from me for the first time ever in my life was unbelievable.

In a over two week trip that featured many of the big name courses to a man everyone in my group (that featured architecture buffs, and some who are not as into it) was blown away by The Machrie. Take the time, and make the trip, you wont be dissapointed...

I wish the new ownership nothing but the best of luck!!!
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back