News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

Re: Dust versus turf
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2011, 04:04:03 AM »
Mark

Speaking of which, I played yesterday in a stiff wind with some horrible rain.  By the end of the round I was in short sleeves with only a playful breeze about.   I can't believe I made the 6 hour round trip.  I must be a sick man, a very sick man.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Nothing

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2011, 07:01:28 AM »
I was at Sandwich on Thursday and Friday and was surprised at the poor scoring and generally poor short game that I witnessed. I played at Deal Friday morning and it was gorgeous yet the scoring down the road did not reflect it. Mickelson putting from 20yds short of the 1st and leaving it on the edge of the green. Cabrera thinning a wedge through 7 and taking 3 more to get down. The following day Cabrera hit an 80yd wedge fat into a bunker, as did someone in each of the preceeding groups.

Scott is right about the south east being dry, an average wind is 10-15mph or a couple of clubs. It's rarely still and rarely more than a 3 club wind.
Cave Nil Vino

Mark Pearce

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2011, 09:02:11 AM »
Sean,

I wasted 6 hours too yesterday.  Two hours driving and four hours watching it rain at a cricket ground.  I'd rather have spent the time like you did.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back