News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Paul Richards

Re: Greatest course with blah greens?
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2002, 04:07:29 AM »
John:

I'd agree with you about Lagoon Legend.  To pinch 18
fairways with streams and bunkers, and then surround 18
greens with water should be enough for anyone!  No
sense in making the greens anything more than a flat
parking lot here ...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »
"Something has to change, otherwise the never-ending arms race that benefits only a few manufacturers will continue to lead to longer courses, narrower fairways, smaller greens, more rough, more expensive rounds, and other mechanisms that will leave golf's future in doubt." -  TFOG

Paul Richards

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2002, 04:08:45 AM »
Oh, I forgot to add.  ???

The title of the thread is "Greatest" course with blah
greens. 8)

John, I hope Lagoon Legend isn't one of the greatest
courses you have played!?!?! :'( :'(
"Something has to change, otherwise the never-ending arms race that benefits only a few manufacturers will continue to lead to longer courses, narrower fairways, smaller greens, more rough, more expensive rounds, and other mechanisms that will leave golf's future in doubt." -  TFOG

TEPaul

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2002, 04:14:42 AM »
Chris:

I find that to be incredible--and also myself to be incredibly unobservant! I never noticed a thing--never noticed any golf hole other than on the championship course I was playing!

You say this Annesley course crosses over #13 of the championship course? That's amazing! Does it cross over perpendiculary? #13 also happens to be one of my favorite holes anywhere--I just love it's unique first half and the tee shot strategy of it and I just love the way the second half connects to the first half--mostly blind!! And the green and green approach is one of the most interesting I've ever seen!

Are you saying that some of the Annesley holes that still exist are from some of the original Tom Morris holes? And have you seen that old course routing in the clubhouse? Did you know that the original 1st hole started near the entrance road to the Slieve Donnard hotel?

John_Conley

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2002, 09:55:57 PM »
I did have fun at Lagoon Legend, although it isn't on any list of mine other than one for being high on the "Fun Factor".  It is not as hard as billed and rather interesting.

I don't know how flat they have to be to be blah, so it could win the award for best course with 2-D greens.

There are two very high priced courses near Destin that were a big disappointment.  Relative to those, LL is a treat!

Some good ones to check out there include Raven, Burnt Pine, and Camp Creek.  Shark's Tooth is a new one opening soon.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back