News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Wade Whitehead

ANGC For the Non-Member
« on: July 07, 2011, 05:08:18 PM »
Many here have wondered how much a round at Augusta costs a non-member with no access.

It looks like two days there costs $1,000,000 per player.

http://www.golfweek.com/news/2011/jul/06/first-tee-launch-100-million-campaign/

WW

George Pazin

Re: ANGC For the Non-Member
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 05:14:10 PM »
Cool, who do I make the check out to? :)

If you break it down, it's really only $333K per event.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

PCCraig

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 05:16:41 PM »
The First Tee is a very worthy cause, and this is a very ambitious fund raising effort!
H.P.S.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 05:25:06 PM »
Looks like that's probably at least two rounds at Augusta given its a 2 day event.

Jim Colton

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 05:29:03 PM »
That makes the Ben Cox 155 look like peanuts :)

Garland Bayley

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 05:40:26 PM »
That makes the Ben Cox 155 look like peanuts :)

Jim,

Maybe you can ask them to let you try to do a gross of holes (144) at ANGC for a fund raiser.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 06:11:08 PM »
What are they going to do with the money?

With Joe Barrow making close to $1 million as the president I find it a little disturbing.  Add in the other executives and their travel and expense costs and it's easy to see a very bloated organization.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 09:55:53 PM »
What are they going to do with the money?

With Joe Barrow making close to $1 million as the president I find it a little disturbing.  Add in the other executives and their travel and expense costs and it's easy to see a very bloated organization.

Certainly no bloat at the local level.  My buddy is Executive Director of the First Tee of NW FL and earns a modest salary.  His assistant ditto for half time.  Over 2,000 kids played over 10,000 rounds on ten courses, and eight of those courses offer $5 green fees to First Tee members, 60% on scholarship.  It's a solid, low budget program here. 

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 05:35:17 AM »
Bill - it must be pretty tough for fund raisers to hear they need to make nearly $1m pa to pay the chief. Of course good people need competitive compensation but I would not donate time or money to a charitable organisation paying so much to the chief.
Cave Nil Vino

Mike_Young

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 02:08:39 PM »
As we have had other threads speaking of the excess spent on golf construction and clubs in the last 25 years, we forgot to mention the likes of the First Tee.  It's a joke.  So many are afraid to say so but they know it and they realize it is a touchy subject just like Audubon Signature courses.  Trying to rise 100,000,000 dollars for first tee is ridiculous.  The money they have spent on Joe Louis and the administrative part of First Tee is a waste.  Logic says First Tee should take the funds it raises and offer package pricing to the many area golf clubs that could use the money and accommodate the kids.  I could go much deeper but it might not be politically correct.  It's not working. But it sounds noble and good.
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

David Kelly

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 03:54:19 PM »
Joe Louis Jr. makes $1M a year as the CEO of First Tee????!!!!!!

Are there any studies that show measurable success' of the First Tee program?
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

J Sadowsky

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 01:36:42 PM »
Many here have wondered how much a round at Augusta costs a non-member with no access.

It looks like two days there costs $1,000,000 per player.

http://www.golfweek.com/news/2011/jul/06/first-tee-launch-100-million-campaign/

WW

You mean that isn't what Ballyhack is going to cost?

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 02:42:00 PM »
Justin:

We at Ballyhack prefer a more reasonable approach to the game.  Of course, it depends on how many golf balls you lose.

WW

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back