News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt_Ward

Re: The Golf Club at Devils Tower
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2011, 10:52:23 PM »
Dan:

Let me point out that Devils Tower is a fine course -- but if you need better options that are closer -- try the following ...

GC at Red Rock (Rapid City, SD) -- wondreful design by Ron Farris

Meadowbrook (Rapid City, SD) -- good muni layout within the city

Bully Pulpit (Medora, ND) -- good Hurdzan layout -- but the real juice comes with the final five holes -- the short par-3 15th is in my mind, one of the best short par-3 holes in all of public golf in the USA.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2011, 12:28:43 PM »
Matt - Thanks!  Just how many courses do you play!  :)

Matt_Ward

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2011, 10:00:48 AM »
Dan:

I travel a bit -- think of me like an Indiana Jones -- if I hear about something from roughly the 10-12 key sources I have throughout the USA -- I try to get there. For what it's worth -- Devil's Tower is a fine layout but with the cost of gas and your limited time the ones I mentioned are a bit superior in my mind. Try the Rapid City area -- GC at Red Rock and even Meadowbrook are worth playing.

Enjoy and let me know what you decide on doing.

Jim Johnson

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2011, 12:17:46 AM »
Has anyone here golfed this course lately?
I'm curious to know if the course is private or public.
I can't tell from their website (no rates or bookings) and the only price I can see is a "special" for 2 rounds of golf and a night's stay, so not sure if it's private and they're trying to solicit new potential members.

Jim

Adam Clayman

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2011, 07:05:38 AM »
A friend just golfed there, so, I assume it's still public.

It's funny to see the dates on this thread. I was either too busy to ever see it earlier, or still on that poker cruise we took before moving to Ogallala.

What's even more interesting is just the other night, sitting at Mashie Niblicks at Bayside, I was introduced to Kevin. He sat down and we had a nice, albeit, short visit. We could've gone on all night taking gca geek o phile speak, and will probably do so someday soon.

Kevin is in town to build at least two holes for the Dunes project mentioned earlier.

Needless to say, Kevin is a fascinating person, and since he's from Nebraska, a genuinely nice guy.

I look forward to more news out of the Phelps-Atkinson partnership. One might recall they built a 12 hole facility in Fargo, well before the recent push for such.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Jim Johnson

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2011, 02:29:52 PM »
I just got hold of someone in the pro shop; the course is private - members and guests.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back