News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Rory on TV as a 10-year old
« on: June 21, 2011, 10:37:51 PM »
Chipping balls into his mother's washing machine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D7ReWQMGho&feature=youtu.be

Trevor

Re: Rory on TV as a 10-year old
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 10:40:33 PM »
Am I crazy or is lil' Rory getting molested by the show's host?
"When expectations are low, they can be met"

David Lott

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 10:44:19 PM »
Rory does not plan to compete again until the Open Championship. He really is just like Tiger!
David Lott

K. Krahenbuhl

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 11:11:47 PM »
Am I crazy or is lil' Rory getting molested by the show's host?

Watching that made me feel uncomfortable at best.

Carl Nichols

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 12:05:45 AM »
"Rory, have you ever been in a Turkish prison? Do you like movies about gladiators?"

Greg Holland

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 10:21:04 AM »
Surely you can't be serious.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 06:59:50 PM »
Ahh, you finger-pointers, it's a generational thing. We've folks in this world that connect by touching, with no ill intent, because that's the way it was done in the 40s, 50s and 60s. It's not done that way any longer, which is a good thing, but my guess is that this fellow is farther from a pedophile than he is near.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Scott Warren

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 02:34:30 AM »
Watching that made me feel uncomfortable at best.

Me three. Well put - uncomfortable at best.

Dónal Ó Ceallaigh

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 03:52:04 AM »
Ahh, you finger-pointers, it's a generational thing. We've folks in this world that connect by touching, with no ill intent, because that's the way it was done in the 40s, 50s and 60s. It's not done that way any longer, which is a good thing, but my guess is that this fellow is farther from a pedophile than he is near.

+1

Mark Pearce

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 04:46:51 AM »
Ha poor Gerry Kelly - he doesn't seem like he has a bad bone in his body. I think it's a cute video. But I get what you mean about the uncomfortable thing - I definitely think it's more a reflection of what is deemed to be appropriate now v even 15-20 years ago.

I guess there is very little you can do these days that wouldn't invite some accusation of impropriety from one party or another...
Quite.  The over-reaction to the appalling evil of paedophilia that makes touching a thing that causes discomfort (and that makes it almost unacceptable to takes pictures or film your own children participating in team sport) is one of the saddest things of the past 20 years.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Tim Martin

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 07:52:39 AM »
Ha poor Gerry Kelly - he doesn't seem like he has a bad bone in his body. I think it's a cute video. But I get what you mean about the uncomfortable thing - I definitely think it's more a reflection of what is deemed to be appropriate now v even 15-20 years ago.

I guess there is very little you can do these days that wouldn't invite some accusation of impropriety from one party or another...
Quite.  The over-reaction to the appalling evil of paedophilia that makes touching a thing that causes discomfort (and that makes it almost unacceptable to takes pictures or film your own children participating in team sport) is one of the saddest things of the past 20 years.

It`s almost unacceptable to take pictures or film your own children participating in team sport? I am just wondering by whose standards and where because I have never heard that mentioned. I`ve attended countless youth baseball, basketball and football games and this has never been brought up in conversation.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 08:10:11 AM »
Tim,

As an example: a few years ago one of the parents of one of the boys in my son's U9 soccer team was taking a video of one of their matches.  The intention was to produce a film to be shown at the parents' end of season get-together.  The opposition refused to play until he stopped filming because one of their mothers was unwilling to let her son play in a match that was being filmed.  Absurd and almost entirely due to the idiotic, alarmist and dangerous reporting of paedophilia in UK newspapers.  If it isn't the same in the States then that's great but I somehow doubt it.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 08:52:47 AM »
My daughter (age 5) has her first sports day next Monday.  We have received a note from the school informing all parents that they will permit parents to take photographs of their child, but that the uploading of these photos to any social media is strictly fobidden and if discovered, action will be taken and the taking of photographs will be banned permanently.  A sign of the times.
2024: Royal St. David's; Mill Ride; Milford; JCB, Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Addington, Parkstone, Denham, Thurlestone, Dartmouth, Rustic Canyon, LACC (North), MPCC (Shore), Cal Club, San Francisco

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back