News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ian_L

Re: COMPOSITE/ECLECTIC Bandon Resort Course
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2011, 06:36:43 PM »
I hope it doesn't seem like I'm picking on you, just professing my love of the 7s!

Not at all, Alex, I love these discussions.  Maybe I should have clarified that "weakest foursome" to me doesn't necessarily mean that any of the holes are weak.  I think all four are good holes, but I don't think any of them are great holes.

Out of curiosity, which set of holes would you choose as the weakest?

Here are my thoughts on the four holes:

PD #7 - Really fun green complex.  However, the tee shot doesn't offer much strategy (to my eye, at least), and balls that miss the fairway have a high likelihood of being lost (Tom D did mention in another thread that some of the vegetation might have to be cut down a bit).  Sean, it seems like most people either love this hole or list it near the bottom of their favorite holes on the course. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

BD #7 - Fun hole, very even with PD.  I like this hole quite a bit and would like to play it a couple more times to get a better feel for it.

BT# 7 - Great diagonal tee shot, but the second shot is an uphill slog for me. It seems to me like a good connector hole to get to #8 tee.

OM #7 - Beautiful view, but not a whole lot of strategy off the tee.  Need another play on this one too.

JLahrman

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2011, 07:30:11 PM »
I agree with Ian's analysis of all four of the 7s.

BT's #7 is certainly a difficult hole, but I'm not sure I would call it a favorite.  It does serve as a good counter to the short par 4s on the front nine of the course.

PD's #7 has a great green, but the drive feels constrained compared to earlier holes.

I really like BD's #7 with the huge dropoff on the right.

OM might be my favorite course at Bandon based on my one visit, but #7 was not one of my favorite holes on the course.  Great view of course.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2011, 01:14:51 AM »

Didn't require any thought at all, just had to look up the Thread "All Bandon 18"

Re: all Bandon 18

« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2011, 02:59:41 PM »

QuoteModify

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the King's Putter headed there this weekend thought I bring up this thread.
My choices by hole number, rest in parentheses
1. Old Macdonald  4 (2d-BD, 3d PD, 4th BT)
2. Pacific Dunes    4 (OM, BD, BT)
3. Bandon Trails    5 (PD,OM,BD)
4. Bandon Dunes  4 (PD, BT, OM)
5. Bandon Dunes  4 (PD, OM, BT)
6. Pacific Dunes    4 (OM, BD, BT)
7. Old Macdonald  4 (PD, BT, BD)
8. Bandon Trails    4 (PD, BD, OM)
9. Old Macdonald  4 (PD, BT, BD)
Out Nine Par 37
10. Old Macdoanld 4 (PD, BT, BD)
11. Pacific Dunes   3 (OM, BD, BT)
12. Bandon Dunes 3 (OM, BT, PD)
13. Pacific Dunes   4 (BT, OM, BD
14. Bandon Dunes 4 (PD, BT, OM)
15. Bandon Trails   4 (BD, OM, PD)
16. Old Macdonald 4 (BD, PD, BT)
17. Bandon Trails   3 (OM, PD, BD)
18. Paciific Dunes  5 (OM, BT, BD)
In Nine Par 34, Total Par 71
Bandon Dunes and Bandon Trails each have 4 holes, Pacific Dunes and Old Macdonald each have 5 holes in the first ranks
The second tier have Old Macdonald and Pac Dunes breakthrough, they have 14 of the 18 holes, with PD leading with 8.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:16:33 AM by Pete_Pittock »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back