News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Keith OHalloran

Congrats to an Old Member
« on: June 05, 2011, 07:47:01 PM »
Dr. Gene Greco's son, Christian, won the New York State CAtholic High School golf championship on Friday.  I think we should congratulate Christian, and be thankful that he didn't model his game after his father.

Tim Martin

Re: Congrats to an Old Member
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 07:49:44 PM »
Congratulations Christian-Well done.

Mac Plumart

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 07:53:35 PM »
Congrats!!
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Jim Colton

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 08:00:45 PM »
Congrats Gene and Christian. Very impressive!

Kyle Harris

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 08:11:54 PM »
At some point, Gene posted a few pictures of his son playing golf on some of the GolfClubAtlas Fanboy courses.

Congratulations and well played.

Mike Cirba

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 08:14:55 PM »
Like most of us, Gene is an increasingly "Old" member.   ;)  ;D

Great to see his son is taking up his love for the game and teaching Dad a thing or two!   

Congrats to all, and thanks Keith, for informing everyone here.

Scott Szabo

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 08:32:01 PM »
Well done Christian, and congrats to Gene as well.  Although, I must say it does not surprise me in the least.  He is a very talented player.
"So your man hit it into a fairway bunker, hit the wrong side of the green, and couldn't hit a hybrid off a sidehill lie to take advantage of his length? We apologize for testing him so thoroughly." - Tom Doak, 6/29/10

Matt Bosela

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 09:16:45 PM »
Congratulations to the Greco family - Christian is obviously getting a few rounds of practice in between loops to win such a prestigious title!  Well done!

PThomas

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 10:27:41 PM »
i played with Christian and Gene at a great course a few years ago...he was a fine young man

congrats!
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 11:21:03 PM »
Congrats Christian. I have been working Gene for years  to let him come to LSU and compete with the best of competition as well as enjoy the best and most beautiful of women.

Sean Leary

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 11:43:22 PM »
Congrats Christian. I have been working Gene for years  to let him come to LSU and compete with the best of competition as well as enjoy the best and most beautiful of women.

Plus you don't have to apply for admission, you just make a reservation at LSU.

;)

Keith OHalloran

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 07:12:03 AM »
Tiger,
LSU sounds good to me, maybe I can come? If you know the coach, tell him that my 6 handicap may seem a tad high, but there are many who believe that I can beat an LPGA pro!

Steve Lapper

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 07:18:59 AM »
Big Congrats to Christian and his very supportive father!! ;)

It's always nice to hear of a fine young man enjoying well-earned success!  ;D

BTW...it's good to know that Christian was able to shake off Dad's periodic swing flaws. May their future be full of father-son trash-talking matches.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 08:21:07 AM by Steve Lapper »
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

PCCraig

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2011, 08:17:28 AM »
Well done...congrats!
H.P.S.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 12:30:44 PM »
Tiger, I can just imagine that discussion of evaluating a potential university selection!  Should he go to a school with the best men's and women's golf champions, where a dutch uncle knows all the hot women to lead the kid astray, or go to a Jesuit school with a fine dentistry program in a state where a certain home away from home golf course exists, albeit a pretty long drive away?  ::) 8) ;D  hmmmm....
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

SL_Solow

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 02:14:09 PM »
I will let the young man and his parents worry about his academic destination.  I can only congratulate him on his achievement, secure in the knowledge that regardless of his playing ability, his Dad has set a wonderful example for the appreciation of the game and its venues.  If I had any doubts, a chance encounter on a less than ideal weather day at Friar's Head too many years ago confirmed Gene's appreciation of the game and architecture.  Enjoy this Gene, there is nothing better than watching your children achieve their goals.

Doug Wright

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 02:26:44 PM »
Congratulations Christian, well done!
Twitter: @Deneuchre

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2011, 09:56:40 PM »
CONGRATS to Christian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 06:08:31 AM »
Am glad he doesnt model his game on his father :p

Onya Greco Jnr.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back