News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Greg Tallman

Re: Designers/Builders...construction of greens "wells"?
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 04:41:07 PM »
TD...tell me again what I was surprised at in the green construction at Sebonack.   I don't recall being surprised by anything in the construction process, but my memory, or lack thereof, is gettin more problematic everyday.   Cheers

Jim:

Jim Urbina and I asked you at the groundbreaking if Jack was okay looking at the green well, or if he preferred to look at the finished surface grade and then excavate the green.  You told us he was fine either way, so we said we would just build the green well, to save a step.  When you returned, and we had built 4-5 greens with just the well, you were adamant that we had agreed to do it the other way.  But then, eventually, it was okay and you and Jack didn't care.

Ask Garrett or Urbina, I'm sure they both remember it vividly!  ;)

Oh to have been a fly on the wall err Mule.

JWL

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 08:20:58 PM »
Tom
If I cared about whether the well was constructed

Tom
I haven't asked a contractor to construct the green as finish grade in over 20 years.    I don't know why I would have asked for it at Sebonack.   I'll check with Rule.  Not a big deal, but it would really out of character for me to request such.   :)

To

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 09:56:36 PM »
Trying to add some pictures...

You've already seen the coring out process.

similar view after dozer and trackhoe

Finishing the back left corner by hand.

Smile Drain is in, next we start draining the rest of the green, then go back and rake everything at subgrade by hand....  can you see the convex false front put in by dozer?

Brian Phillips

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2011, 02:26:50 PM »
Jaeger,

Who is doing the shaping on that green?

I prefer shaping everything and then coring the well afterwards.  However, time is money and many contractors convince the client not to do it that way as it does save some time.  I have worked with many that do core straight away and if it is an experienced shaper I have no problems with it but if it is a local guy then I convince the client to make sure the contrctor shapes everything out first before I sign off.

Brian
Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2011, 08:04:45 PM »
Brian,

Someone very experienced who has been building greens for that architect for at least 15 years.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back