News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Craig Sweet

Speaking of Valparaiso, here's another fun thing you can do in Chile....view in full screen mode!

http://youtu.be/pAz4RYxDc8s
LOCK HIM UP!!!

David Harshbarger

Speaking of Valparaiso, here's another fun thing you can do in Chile....view in full screen mode!

http://youtu.be/pAz4RYxDc8s

That is awesome.  I love the narrow corridors and the plywood jumps, plus the super transitions from section to section.
The trouble with modern equipment and distance—and I don't see anyone pointing this out—is that it robs from the player's experience. - Mickey Wright

Tom MacWood

Beautiful.

Tim Nugent

or put some teeth in the front nine and still add eighteen more. One things is good, I have not heard a word from ownership this nine,,nothing like a million dollar lesson

LMfAO  ;D ;D ;D

Randy, your candor is refreshing.  Good to see you got some work and are getting good results.  I would start planning that 3rd 9.
I think Bill is on to something, especially when they equate the money spent vs the end product this time vs their previous 8learning?9 experience.  No one ever said experience was free, LOL
Coasting is a downhill process

Randy Thompson

Tim
no owner interfernce, and no trains or planes and just a 20 minute automobile drive from the house....who could ask for more?

Randy Thompson

Randy,

Nice property!You've routed some enticing holes there, from my take. What is that soil composition of the darker variety?

You seem to take the bunkering quite seriously and look to be putting some teeth into them for the players to contend with. In the Fall with some snow on the peaks, those holes should really have some visual juice.

How long is the season there and what are your impressions of Chile in general? I'm very intrigued by the golf in South America, even though I know there are significant challenges and financial limitaions due to the weak local economy in many places.

Thanks in advance for your insights!
Kris 8)
Kris,

Visual juice

Randy Thompson

Hole 15 – Par 5

The first photo is from the professional tee of number 15 a par five dog leg right. The tee shot is downhill…again.. and from the first landing area the hole begins to play slightly uphill. If you look closely on the left you can see some sand just before the grass starts and that is from where the next photo was taken.

This is from the ladies tees and one can see the entire holes without problems as you can from all the tees with the exception of the professional tee. The green is to the right of the last trees. Water starts right of the first landing area and ends by the green. The lake is almost fifty feet deep to create the large reservoir previously mentioned. You can see how the landing areas widen in the photo and in between the landing areas it shrinks down.

This photo shows the first landing area from the regular tee. There are two bunkers left for the long hitters to contend with but should not come into play for the average guy like me. Once again, no artificial mounding to set up the bunkering as we have always done in the past. The next photo shows how the second landing area widens. No bunkers in the second landing area, just a set of depression or shallow hallows running up the left side.

The lake seperating the two par fives

This photo shows the start of the five grass depressions built into the slope on the left mounds or hills. You also start to get a visual of the front part of the sand bunker, right of the green. The following photo shows the back part of the sand bunker right of the green. This will also not have a grass edge and the sand will die out or spill out into the over flow creek just as number ten does. In fact you also have a view of the bunker termination of the number ten in the photo. From the landing areas of both holes it will look the bunker of one and fifteen are one bunker and snakes it´s way in between the greens, you won´t be able to see the overflow creek.

This is a view of greens one and fifteen from the tee of number two. There are two grass depressions to left of the green on the hill side that are difficult to see in the photo. The green is long and narrow about three clubs lengths difference from front to back and with a lot of movement and minimum pin positions.

Here we are looking back on the entire hole from behind the green. This photo also gives a better view of the back left grass depression.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 03:26:43 AM by Randy Thompson »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back