News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Richard Choi

Seattle GCA Outing - Sun, July 17th at Chambers Bay
« on: June 02, 2011, 12:52:43 PM »
Brent Carlson and I would like to organize an outing for Seattle GCA'ers at Chambers Bay on July 17th at Chambers Bay.

It is already jam packed with excitement as the "Grudge Match 2" is booked for this time and Mark Saltzman will be joining us as well.

I have booked 2 foursomes (8:06 & 8:17) and there are only 2 spots left (Brent, Jordan, Garland, Kalen, & Saltzman are in already) so please let me know if you are interested. If there is enough interest we will add another foursome.

This will be a good time for you to enjoy a day out at Chambers Bay as Brent and I have annual passes which entitle our guests to Pierce County rate ($115) which is significantly less than the out of state fees.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 12:54:18 PM by Richard Choi »

Kalen Braley

Re: Seattle GCA Outing - Sun, July 17th at Chambers Bay
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 02:03:37 PM »
Thanks for setting this up Richard.  I've been wanting to take a look at Chambers for a couple of years now and all the better with some GCA'ers!!

A few questions.....

Range finders?  In or out 
Brush tees?  In or out   ;D

Garland Bayley

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 02:50:31 PM »
Thanks for setting this up Richard.  I've been wanting to take a look at Chambers for a couple of years now and all the better with some GCA'ers!!

A few questions.....

Range finders?  In or out 
Brush tees?  In or out   ;D

Range finders out.
Brush tees in.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Jordan Wall

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 03:59:55 PM »
Woah woah woah, I'm out as I'll be working at Huntsman Springs in Idaho all summer....

That said I would love to be there, brush tees and all.  Have fun guys!

p.s. Brent's not a 6!!

Brent Carlson

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 10:57:58 PM »
Chambers will be playing firm and fast by mid-July.  It will be a fun round for the group. 

Bump - Who else would like to play to fill out the groups?

JW - Have a great summer at Huntsman.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 08:37:59 AM »
Chambers will be playing firm and fast by mid-July.  It will be a fun round for the group. 

I have a friend locally who may want to play if there is still space as we get closer.  He's not a GCAer....so we'd have to lower our standards a bit!  ;D

PCCraig

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 08:50:40 AM »
Sounds like a blast. I really can't wait to get back out to Chambers Bay again someday after my initial visit this past March. I loved the course and after walking off the 18th green the only thing that was standing in the way of a 2nd round was my wife.  ::)  :-\
H.P.S.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 11:41:36 AM »

I have a friend locally who may want to play if there is still space as we get closer.  He's not a GCAer....so we'd have to lower our standards a bit!  ;D

Are you sure you want your friends to witness your embarassment?
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Ryan Kelly

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 12:03:07 PM »
Have fun.  I played it for the first time last month on the first Sunday and it was a treat.  My only complaint was that it took 5 1/2 hours to play.  There was no one out there to move groups along and the caddies weren't empowered to move people along.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 12:39:16 PM »

Are you sure you want your friends to witness your embarassment?

If I were to lose to you...and thats a big IF...he would like delight in that!!  We've known each other since we were toddlers!!  ;D

Garland Bayley

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 07:53:50 PM »

If I were to lose to you...and thats a big IF...he would like delight in that!!  We've known each other since we were toddlers!!  ;D

IF? My, my your memory is short! How old are you? Ginko Balboa for you DUDE!

Tom Johnston

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 01:19:14 AM »
I'm interested...

Richard Choi

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 06:37:50 PM »
Bump since the date is drawing near...

I have so far Me, Brent, Garland, Kalen, Mark, Tom, and Victor. I have a room for one more person. Please let me know if you are interested.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 01:20:44 PM »
Will anyone be playing 36 holes?
I'm considering trying to get 36 holes in.

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 01:25:49 PM »
Will anyone be playing 36 holes?
I'm considering trying to get 36 holes in.

Garland,

Time/energy permitting, that is my intention.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 01:19:37 PM »
I may have a friend to attend as an 8th.  He'll be consulting the boss, aka the wife tonight.

I told him I need a decision by tomorrow.

P.S.  Any specifics on when our tee times are?

Kalen

Anthony Gray

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 01:43:40 PM »

WOW........Garland and Kalen together again. Have fun.CB has a great set of par 4s.

Anthony

Kalen Braley

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 01:53:09 PM »
So i heard back from my friend, it would seem his wife put the kybosh on the trip.  Looks like that final spot is still open.

P.S.  Went back and re-read the initial post in this thread.  That's a big 10-4 on the tee times.  :-[

Garland Bayley

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 03:10:11 PM »

WOW........Garland and Kalen together again. Have fun.CB has a great set of par 4s.

Anthony

Kalen will be so awestruck he will be easy pickings this time.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 03:15:11 PM »

Anthony

He may be up 2 with 4 to play again.

Anthony

Garland Bayley

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 03:35:37 PM »

Anthony

He may be up 2 with 4 to play again.

Anthony

Thanks for reminding everyone what a good closer the Sandman is.
;)

Kalen Braley

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 03:59:16 PM »
We shall see.  I honestly don't know which Kalen is going to show up.   ???

In my last 9 rounds, I've shot 5 scores in the mid 80s and 4 scores in the mid 90s.

P.S.  Its looking like I'll be playing McCormick Woods on Saturday..(figured i'd head over that way and at least take a look around at Olympic Mountain Gold even if the course is shut.)

Garland Bayley

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 04:55:02 PM »
Kalen is really grasping for something to rescue his game. He just sent me a PM that he is adopting the brush tee for the match.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 04:57:47 PM »
Kalen is really grasping for something to rescue his game. He just sent me a PM that he is adopting the brush tee for the match.

Funny you should mention this.  I started using one about a month ago with terrific results, but who knows I may just beat you down with my 3w just for fun.  ;)

Garland Bayley

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2011, 05:06:05 PM »

Funny you should mention this.  I started using one about a month ago with terrific results, but who knows I may just beat you down with my 3w just for fun.  ;)

3w? I don't even know why you carry that thing. You're awful with it. That's what Anthony and I were always off the to side laughing about last time. With your game, what you need is a good 9w.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back