News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan Chapman

Western PA golf?
« on: May 28, 2011, 10:12:07 PM »
Greetings,

Heading to PA next week and am slated to play Rolling Rock, Latrobe, and Laurel Valley.  I've never played any of them and am not all that familiar with the courses.  Any thoughts or information on any of them?

Chris DeNigris

Re: Western PA golf?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 06:51:53 PM »
Dan,

Just saving this from 2nd page oblivion until some of the Western PA guys can respond...I live in central PA and haven't played any of the 3 on your sked- so I'm useless to you.... but I know plenty around here know them well.

And I think Arnie's fond of at least one of them  :)

Have a fun trip!

Steve_ Shaffer

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Dan Chapman

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 10:05:20 PM »
Chris, thank you for the thoughts.  I am aware of the Arnold connection to Latrobe but don't know all that much about the golf course itself.  Steve, I apologize for the ignorance.  I swear I tried searching before I posted and did not have much luck.  Specifically I know I tried searching for Laurel Valley twice because I was shocked nothing came up and assumed I spelled it wrong or something.  Obviously I need to figure out how the search function actually works.

George Pazin

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 10:01:32 AM »
Chris, thank you for the thoughts.  I am aware of the Arnold connection to Latrobe but don't know all that much about the golf course itself.  Steve, I apologize for the ignorance.  I swear I tried searching before I posted and did not have much luck.  Specifically I know I tried searching for Laurel Valley twice because I was shocked nothing came up and assumed I spelled it wrong or something.  Obviously I need to figure out how the search function actually works.

Hi Dan -

The key to successful searching is to narrow things down under advanced searching. If you can know or even just guess at the correct people/posters, it really helps. For instance, if you're searching for anything on Philly golf, put one of the names of our Philly posters into the box about members, someone like Joe Bausch works well. Then narrow the time window if you can.

I am a western PA guy, but mostly a public golfer, so I don't know too much about the courses you're playing. Hopefully you will get nice weather. The last week has been great, after a long month or so of rain every day.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Dan Chapman

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 11:58:45 AM »
George,

Thank you for the advice, I will definitely keep that in mind in the future.

astavrides

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 01:35:31 PM »

Hi Dan -

The key to successful searching is to narrow things down under advanced searching. [/quote]

I think the key is to always do the search from the home page of the discussion group, rather than from the results page of a search you just did.  'Laurel Valley' turned up 6 pages of hits.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back