News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Keith OHalloran

New Jersey Golf Advice
« on: May 29, 2011, 12:30:48 PM »
I have a meeting in Linden NJ, on Tuesday. I was thinking of trying to play in the afternoon. Does anyone have a recommendation in the vicinity?

Eric Strulowitz

Re: New Jersey Golf Advice
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 01:19:09 PM »
I go up that way every so often.  Not a whole lot of good choices right in the Linden area, that is about as far from being a golf mecca as one could be.  But an hour or so in any direction, you have access to some of the best courses in the workd.

If you have access to a club pro who can make a few calls, my personal favorite is the Banks Course at Forsgate in Jamesburg.  That would be a quick run south down the NJ Turnpike.

Good luck.

Eric

Cliff Hamm

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 04:00:12 PM »
Hominy Hill is a good bet.  About 45 minutes depending on traffic.  You're headed away from northern New Jersey so that is generally a good thing, but at rush hour will be bad everywhree.

http://www.hominyhill.com/

Keith Phillips

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 05:20:22 PM »
you are within 20 minutes of Baltusrol and Plainfield, and within 30 minutes of probably a dozen fine courses - do you have someone who can make a call on your behalf?

Bill_McBride

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 05:23:24 PM »
Where is Matt Ward (Mr. Jersey Golfer) when you need him?

Keith OHalloran

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 06:51:48 PM »
Thanks for the advice. I am a member of a club on Long Island, so I will see if my pro can make a call to one of these courses. If not, I will fall back on one of the public recommendations.

Pat Burke

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 07:55:17 PM »
I left Jersey a long time ago, but what about Suburban?  Tilly I think?
Canoe Brook a bit west of Linden.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back