News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael George

The Homestead
« on: July 06, 2011, 06:07:41 PM »

I am heading to The Homestead for a weekend in August with another couple.  Want to schedule 3 rounds of golf (18 per day).  For those that have been to the resort, what courses would you play if you were going on this trip?

I am obviously playing Cascades.  Just wondering whether the other 2 courses were worth not playing Cascades another time.

Thanks for the help.
"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

Greg Clark

Re: The Homestead
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 06:35:29 PM »
2 on the Cascades (Upper) and 1 on the Old Course.  Skip Lower Cascades.

Billsteele

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 07:35:54 PM »
I played the Cascades (Upper) this Spring and cannot recommend it highly enough. It has such great features: cool greensites, uneven lies, a number of downhill tee shots where the hole is literally right there in front of you and some quirk. The only negative are the two rather plain Trent Jones holes on the back nine (a par three and a par four (14 and 15 I believe). I would play it as much as you can.

The Old Course is fun and a nice way to ease yourself into golf at the resort.

The Lower Cascades was not open when I was there in late April. Can't opine on it.

Yancey_Beamer

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 08:10:53 PM »
Avoid the Lowerl,period.

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 10:15:03 PM »
Play the Upper twice with a round at the Old Course sandwiched in.  There's absolutely no reason to play the Lower if you can visit the Upper twice.

The Upper requires a drive or shuttle ride from the hotel and does not have a practice range.  These aren't obstacles but are nice to know ahead of time.

WW

Mark McKeever

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 08:54:39 AM »
Upper Cascades and Old Course.  You will not be disappointed!

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back