News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bruce Wellmon

Scotland logistics? Dalminzie castle
« on: May 25, 2011, 08:46:26 AM »
I could attend a meeting at Dalmunzie Castle, Glenshee, Perthshire PH10 70G, Scotland, UK next summer.
Can anyone advise as to local golf or distances to Carnoustie, Aberdeen, St Andrews etc via car or ?

James Boon

Re: Scotland logistics? Dalminzie castle
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 08:57:21 AM »
Bruce,

I just returned from a weeks holiday with my wife a couple of Glens over from Glenshee, during which I managed a couple of rounds of golf at Carnoustie and Blairgowrie. I hope to find the time to do photo tour threads in the near future, especially of the Rosemount and Wee courses at Blairgowrie.

Blairgowrie is your best option for local golf, probably about half an hours drive. Still researching the heritage but it looks to be Mackenzie and also Braid.

Carnoustie or St Andrews are both about an hour and a half, but could be longer with traffic around Dundee.

Aberdeen would be about 2 hours and a nice drive up past Braemar. Cruden Bay looks about another half hour on top of that.

Hope that helps?

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell, Brora, Parkstone, Cavendish, Hallamshire, Sandmoor, Moortown, Elie, Crail, St Andrews (Himalayas & Eden), Chantilly, M, Hardelot Les Pins

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Scott Warren

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 09:00:02 AM »
So, James "I've been off radar in the middle of nowhere" actually means "I've been on a golf holiday to Scotland, playing some of the Rota". Cute. We expect pics!

James Boon

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 09:04:41 AM »
Well the cottage we stayed in was totally off grid. No internet, TV or phone, no shower, I'm surprised they had electricity, but it was delightful to escape too. I only played golf so I could take advantage of the showers in the changing rooms there, honest...  ;D

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell, Brora, Parkstone, Cavendish, Hallamshire, Sandmoor, Moortown, Elie, Crail, St Andrews (Himalayas & Eden), Chantilly, M, Hardelot Les Pins

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Phil McDade

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 09:07:42 AM »
Try the on-the-grounds course -- said to have originally been designed by no less than Alastair Mackenzie, with a redo by Scotland's own James Braid.

http://www.dalmunzie.com/golf-g.asp

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 04:39:59 PM »
Didn't Goodale once mention he'd played it?
I'm also sure I recall Niall C talking about it some time ago too.
Isn't listed in the Doak, however.
cheers,
FBD.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 04:41:34 PM by Marty Bonnar »
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Phil McDade

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 05:35:15 PM »

Bruce Wellmon

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 11:08:12 PM »
Thanks guys. Very interesting.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back