News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ian_L

Ashland (Oregon) Area Golf?
« on: May 22, 2011, 04:14:04 AM »
Hi all,

I will be in Ashland, OR in late June and hope to play a round of golf there.  Any suggestions for a good, relatively affordable course in the area?  Ideally, I would like to spend less than $70 (weekday) and keep the drive to 45 minutes or less.  This is flexible, however.

I did have the chance to play Eagle Point a few years ago and remember playing a few interesting holes, but nothing exceptional.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Ian
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 04:27:09 AM by Ian_L »

Tom Jefferson

Re: Ashland (Oregon) Area Golf?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 09:59:38 AM »
Ian;

Two good choices would be either Eagle Point Golf Club, about 30 minutes away, or Centennial, about 10 minutes.
Eagle Point is a Robt. Trent Jones II course, 15 years old; some good holes sprinkled throughout.  Centennial is a John Fought track, about 4-5 years old.  Haven't played it but have heard good things about it.

Both ought to be under $70, I believe.

Or you could just drive up here to Bandon Dunes, 3 hrs. plus!  (grin, grin!)

Hope this helps.
Tom
the pres

Garland Bayley

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 10:31:01 AM »

This misses on both price and distance. Atl least Bandon Crossings at $75 is in the price ball park. (grin. grin!)
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Jeff Doerr

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 12:14:32 PM »
Ian, I'd vote for Centennial. It will save you about 30 minutes each way on the drive as it is in south Medford. I really liked Centennial and the only real miss I see there is some odd off course tree plantings. It is a good experience of a lower profile effort that is playable for all and yet a good challenge as you move to the back tees.
"And so," (concluded the Oldest Member), "you see that golf can be of
the greatest practical assistance to a man in Life's struggle.”

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 10:45:59 PM »
Private - Rogue Valley CC had 27 holes, some Egan left. I'd take Centennial as the best public in the area you haven't played. Slim to none chance that a Nicklaus course (Paradise Ranch) will open up in Merlin, which is just north of Grants Pass. Also  Running Y is about an hour out west of Klamath Falls. You can visit Crater Lake on the way,

Ian_L

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 12:01:17 AM »

I'll be there the week before ;) .

Thanks to everyone.  I'm leaning towards giving Centennial a shot, just to mix it up.

Ian

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back