News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim_Cronin

Re: Template Hole Madness! - Redan - Taking Nominations!!!
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2011, 02:50:01 AM »
Chicago Golf Club, No. 7.
The website: www.illinoisgolfer.net
On Twitter: @illinoisgolfer

Richard Choi

« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2011, 11:29:04 AM »
I am making some progress and hope to have the seeding out this week and start voting next week.

It is looking like there will be 40 holes in the tourney, which means there will be a "play-in" round.

Please send me links to any photos of the holes you have nominated.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2011, 11:40:08 AM »
Its all making sense now Richard.  No wonder this thread has been neglected for a few weeks, seems you been pre-occupied with something else lately!!  ;D  ;)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2011/05/microsoft-buys-skype-for-85-billion-.html

Barry Cohen

« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2011, 06:28:31 PM »
Here is the view of Tamarack's #7 Redan hole from the tee box.  You can see the fairway bunker 50 yards short of the green, but there are 2 giant bunkers front left and back right, which are not even visible from the tee box.

This picture gives a sense of the size of the right rear bunker (behind the huge hill on the green).  The picture was taken from the 8th tee, to the right of the hole and looking across the green.  You can also see how the rectangular green is actually angled 45 degrees so the front left bunker actually has greater carry the further to the left you go (although it looks parallel from the tee).  Makes the back left pin particularly sneaky for those trying to carry the front left bunker.

This picture, from the left of the hole, gives nice perspective of the front left "hole" bunker.  Note from the size of the pin, how deep this bunker actually is, standing in it, you are a good 10-12 feet below the putting surface.  One of my least favorite places at Tamarack!

I've got some more photos to upload later, but my wife is yelling at me to go to dinner (apparently we are late).  The other photos show some of the major ridges in the green itself, and also give some perspective of the size of the hill on the back right of the green, the key element which allows a firmly struck runner to skip all the way back left without crossing that front left bunker!

Enjoy.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 06:51:17 PM by Barry Cohen »

Jud_T

Re: Template Hole Madness! - Redan - Taking Nominations!!! New
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2011, 07:34:32 AM »
Thanks for posting Barry.  You can get a bit of a sense of just how deep that front left bunker is in the picture from the tee.  About as far below the hole as you'll get anywhere in GB&I.  It's a bold open lob wedge straight up over that wall and you're looking at bogey or worse as often as not.  Steamshovel earned his nickname at Tammy IMHO.  The far left pin placement there is one of the better sucker pins I've seen. Using the slope to feed the ball in is clearly the better play here for all but the best players as it's 187 yards, albeit slightly downhill, from the back markers to a pretty small effective area.  Also that picture doesn't give enough of a sense of the feeding contour in the green, hopefully if Barry gets a chance to post the others they will give a better glimpse of it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 08:34:32 AM by Jud Tigerman »
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back