News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Will Peterson

California Trip Day 2 - Pasatiempo with pictures
« on: May 12, 2011, 10:06:04 PM »
This was the second course that I played in California and my first MacKenzie.  I was blown away.  I had read that the houses have encrouched on the course, and that is true in areas.  I had also read that many do not like some of the tress as they tighten up some holes.  I found that 7 was very tight, but I liked it.  It was a short hole and the trees made it an intimidating driving hole.  It made you work.

For such a hilly site, I found the course easily walkable and the holes playable.  While nearly every shot had some elevation change, it was never overly severe and always made club selection just a bit tougher.  

I loved the par 3s.  A good mix of distances and a great short one.

Front Nine

MacKenzie's House

Back Nine

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 10:22:00 PM by Will Peterson »

Adam Clayman

Re: California Trip Day 2 - Pasatiempo with pictures New
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 12:00:51 AM »
If you thought it was tight now, you should've seen it ten years ago. Yes, the trees mitigated the view of the houses, but, with out the trees the houses do not distract from the compelling architecture, imo.

Easily one of the best courses, available to the public, one could hope to play.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 04:33:59 PM by Adam Clayman »
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

RJ_Daley

Re: California Trip Day 2 - Pasatiempo with pictures
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 12:11:34 AM »
I missed playing it the couple of times I had been out there.  But, I thought it was private with some limited open to the public on a very rare basis.  What is the deal? 

No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

David Kelly

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 01:03:26 AM »
I missed playing it the couple of times I had been out there.  But, I thought it was private with some limited open to the public on a very rare basis.  What is the deal? 

It is a true semi-private club with about 20% of the tee-times available to outside play.  That seems pretty low to me but I am taking that from the club's own literature. 

You have to buy a share in the club first to become a member and currently shares are going for around $100,000.  Once you buy a share you have to purchase a new member fee of around $7,000 and then yearly dues are about $4500. It is a full equity club.
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

Mike Benham

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 03:30:30 PM »

It must have taken you quite a while to post all those photos, probably longer by a tad then it took my browser to download them all ...

A link to a slideshow via Photobucket or Picasa might be a good alternative next time ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back