News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jud_T

Re: The Donald...
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2011, 08:53:38 AM »
Haven't played the course and won't be playing it, probably ever.  I'm sure it'll be wonderful and a great value.  If you actually read my posts you'd see that I said they'll never get the British Open and will probably get the Ryder Cup.  I'm sure they'll also get a European Tour event and a bunch of other smaller events.  None of this has anything to do with how the course will be rated, particularly by yours truly.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 08:56:53 AM by Jud Tigerman »
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2011, 01:02:19 PM »
[/b][/size][/color]
Haven't played the course and won't be playing it, probably ever.  I'm sure it'll be wonderful and a great value.  If you actually read my posts you'd see that I said they'll never get the British Open and will probably get the Ryder Cup.  I'm sure they'll also get a European Tour event and a bunch of other smaller events.  None of this has anything to do with how the course will be rated, particularly by yours truly.

In light of your above statement, your declaration that the back tees should only be 7,000 yards would seem to be inadequate for those levels of competition.

Perhaps the architect knew better in terms of the number of tees required for a multiple-use golf course that will serve resort guests, local, regional, national and international championships.

Jud_T

« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2011, 01:16:09 PM »
Ok. point taken.  add a box at 8000 that is only maintained and opened for significant tournaments...
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2011, 01:54:57 PM »

Ok. point taken.  add a box at 8000 that is only maintained and opened for significant tournaments...

Jud,

What tees would you use for the Women's Championship events ? ;D  ;D

Jud_T

« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2011, 01:58:56 PM »
a mix of the 6300 and 7000 boxes...

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2011, 02:06:01 PM »
a mix of the 6300 and 7000 boxes...
jud,

With the broader spectrum of golfers, from beginners to world class professionals, I think you have to have sets of tees that can accommodate that spectrum om a day's notice.

This is a resort course, not a local private club.

I'm content that the architect knew the needs of the users, and constructed the appropriate number of tees for them

Jud_T

« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2011, 02:45:35 PM »
You're probably right.  Frankly, they can have a box every 50 yards throughout the entire course for all I care...I'll be getting 3-4 rounds in up the road at Cruden bay for the same price anyway...

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #132 on: May 18, 2011, 03:29:55 PM »
You're probably right.  Frankly, they can have a box every 50 yards throughout the entire course for all I care...I'll be getting 3-4 rounds in up the road at Cruden bay for the same price anyway...

Jud,

I wonder, if Trump's course is favorably received and attracts visitors, will the nearby courses increase their fees with increased demand ?

GCGC never had Senior tees until recently and many suggest that ANGC needs another set between the Masters and the Members tees since there's about 1,000 yard differential.

I think the days of one tee box or one set of tees may have been obsoleted by modern tech and the broader spectrum of golfers.

One also has to think about the impact of medal play on multiple sets of tees.

At match play, one would think that a single, though large, tee would suffice.

Jud_T

« Reply #133 on: May 18, 2011, 03:58:35 PM »

[/quote]

Jud,

I wonder, if Trump's course is favorably received and attracts visitors, will the nearby courses increase their fees with increased demand ?

[/quote]

An interesting point.  Regardless of how some here feel about Trump or his course, more overflow tourist traffic would certainly be welcome to the area.  Certainly what the much beleaguered planning commission had in mind...

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back