News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

ward peyronnin

Johnney Miller exposed OT
« on: May 11, 2011, 11:02:31 PM »
Well Jm is certainly controversial and the Golf Channel has a roundtable with him and Lerner and jacobson and Nobilo on right now fawning all over Sawgrass but Johnny needs a new dresser.

His pants are so tight that the camera can't help but pick up a full frontal of a huge bunching of his junk bulging thru his khakis. Way over the top. A fair commentary on the commentary
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Bill_McBride

Re: Johnney Miller exposed OT
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 11:50:54 PM »
Well Jm is certainly controversial and the Golf Channel has a roundtable with him and Lerner and jacobson and Nobilo on right now fawning all over Sawgrass but Johnny needs a new dresser.

His pants are so tight that the camera can't help but pick up a full frontal of a huge bunching of his junk bulging thru his khakis. Way over the top. A fair commentary on the commentary

You sir are no one to complain about trousers.

And that is TMI about Miller's junk.   ;D

Alex Miller

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 12:39:23 AM »
I don't know who's more exposed here:

Johnny Miller or the guy who creates a thread about noticing Johnson Miller.  :o

PCCraig

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 08:54:52 AM »
I watched a part of this last night as well. He's clearly rooting against Tiger Woods and loves to bring up "the stuff off the course." Yeah yeah Johnny, we get it.

The other thing I noticed was how huge his head is and how it looks like a pumpkin sitting on his shoulders.
H.P.S.

Tim Martin

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 09:01:08 AM »
I watched a part of this last night as well. He's clearly rooting against Tiger Woods and loves to bring up "the stuff off the course." Yeah yeah Johnny, we get it.

The other thing I noticed was how huge his head is and how it looks like a pumpkin sitting on his shoulders.

I`ve seen him a number of times in person and the only think that struck me was that he was taller than I thought. Hard for me to render an opinion on his "junk" as nothing seemed out of the ordinary. ;)

Ryan Farrow

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 10:54:51 AM »
If only half of OT threads could be this funny..... I'd stop complaining today.

Lynn_Shackelford

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 11:11:47 AM »
In one of his many unsuccessful attempts to reform Bill Walton, Coach Wooden at UCLA was lecturing him one day on his appearance.  Walton with shorts, no underwear and sandals was in his usual campus attire as he sat on the couch in Wooden's office.
Coach, "look at you, you need to clean up, wear regular shoes and sitting there with no underwear, look you can see your private parts."

Walton, "Coach, why are looking down there?"

Wooden, "that's it, get out of my office, I don't want to see you anymore."

It must be kept in mind that the elusive charm of the game suffers as soon as any successful method of standardization is allowed to creep in.  A golf course should never pretend to be, nor is intended to be, an infallible tribunal.
               Tom Simpson

Bill_McBride

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 01:02:46 PM »
In one of his many unsuccessful attempts to reform Bill Walton, Coach Wooden at UCLA was lecturing him one day on his appearance.  Walton with shorts, no underwear and sandals was in his usual campus attire as he sat on the couch in Wooden's office.
Coach, "look at you, you need to clean up, wear regular shoes and sitting there with no underwear, look you can see your private parts."

Classic!   ;D ;D ;D

Eric Smith

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 02:00:34 PM »
In one of his many unsuccessful attempts to reform Bill Walton, Coach Wooden at UCLA was lecturing him one day on his appearance.  Walton with shorts, no underwear and sandals was in his usual campus attire as he sat on the couch in Wooden's office.

Classic!   ;D ;D ;D

+1

One of the many things I am looking fwd to at the Buda this year is meeting Lynn Shackelford and being able to to (hopefully) listen to him recount more stories like this one!

Wardo,

Thank you once again for sharing your keen awareness of the news of the news that cannot be found on just any golf architecture forum.

You (and your loudmouths) will be missed in September at Hindhead and the various golf clubs thereabouts.

BTW, I still have your driver!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 02:10:15 PM by Eric Smith »

Travis Dewire

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 03:27:17 PM »
Johnny Miller commented that Ricky Barnes was crazy, and had no chance of getting his ball out of the rough in his U.S Am final match against Hunter Mahan. Of course ricky pulled the shot off, and won

enough said about miller

Tom ORourke

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 04:02:11 PM »
Back in the day (1974) you could not bring your caddy to the U.S. Open. Everyone got assigned a caddy from a pool. A friend of mine was 17 years old at the time, was in the caddy pool as his dad was a caddy, albeit LPGA, and got him in, and he drew Miller, the defending champ. He said that Miller paid him double what he expected, gave him golf balls, golf shoes, golf lessons, and was the nicest guy he ever met. And, his father was in the pool as well, and drew Forest Fezler who finished second. Not a a bad week for them. I also knew a Ford rep who had signed a bunch of young guys back then for their corporate outings, Miller, Jerry Heard, Bob Dickson, Greer Jones. They had outings where Heard and Miller were out in the dark giving lessons to the customers and had to be brought in for dinner. He may be over the top as an announcer but apparently has some good points as a human being.

Mike Cirba

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 04:06:05 PM »

Which may very well help to explain his purported personal proclivity for over-exposure.  

Brent Hutto

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 04:07:54 PM »

Well you know Johnny does live downwind from Balco...I'm just sayin'...

PCCraig

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 04:45:55 PM »
Hey, did you guys know he shot 63 at Oakmont in the US Open? I had no idea until I just looked up his Wikipedia page...
H.P.S.

Tim Martin

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 04:55:16 PM »
Back in the day (1974) you could not bring your caddy to the U.S. Open. Everyone got assigned a caddy from a pool. A friend of mine was 17 years old at the time, was in the caddy pool as his dad was a caddy, albeit LPGA, and got him in, and he drew Miller, the defending champ. He said that Miller paid him double what he expected, gave him golf balls, golf shoes, golf lessons, and was the nicest guy he ever met. And, his father was in the pool as well, and drew Forest Fezler who finished second. Not a a bad week for them. I also knew a Ford rep who had signed a bunch of young guys back then for their corporate outings, Miller, Jerry Heard, Bob Dickson, Greer Jones. They had outings where Heard and Miller were out in the dark giving lessons to the customers and had to be brought in for dinner. He may be over the top as an announcer but apparently has some good points as a human being.

Tom-I got a first hand account a number of years ago from a co-worker of Miller`s at NBC about what a great guy he was. He said he was thoughtful, very funny and extremely generous with his time. He said that when playing Miller was rarely given anything outside of two feet by his playing partners and that he was very quick to mock his putting skills at this stage of his life.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 05:42:00 PM by Tim Martin »

Bill_McBride

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 05:28:07 PM »

Lynn, I'm guessing Walton told you that story!

Jeff Evagues

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 05:46:06 PM »
I was a walking scorer for Johnny's group in the 1994 US Open and of the 7 opens I've worked he was one the very nicest players.
Be the ball

Garland Bayley

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 05:51:25 PM »
Hey, did you guys know he shot 63 at Oakmont in the US Open? I had no idea until I just looked up his Wikipedia page...

Dan Kelly would be proud of you for not using smileys.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Lynn_Shackelford

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2011, 01:20:53 AM »

[/q

Lynn, I'm guessing Walton told you that story!

Yes Bill, that would not have come from the Coach.

It must be kept in mind that the elusive charm of the game suffers as soon as any successful method of standardization is allowed to creep in.  A golf course should never pretend to be, nor is intended to be, an infallible tribunal.
               Tom Simpson

ChipOat

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2011, 04:44:59 PM »
From 1971 through about 1990, I knew John quite well.  My experience with him as a person is consistent with the positive comments above.  John was never really comfortable with the demands on his time when he was at the top of the game (although not so much as Fred Couples).  However, once he was comfortable that you weren't really looking to be a "hanger -on", John was as animated and interesting to talk to as they come.  Sounds like he's still that same genuine person.

Pat Burke

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2011, 08:16:57 PM »
Ha the good fortune to play with Johnny at Pebble in the Callaway tournament one year.
Was a very fun but sad experience.  He was incredibly nice, and complimentary of anything I did well.
He still hit lasers with his irons, drove it further than me, but the putting!
It actually bothered me to watch him struggle as he did with the putter.  He hit it so beautifully.
He was over 50 then, and had he been able to putt a little, would have really been incredible for the senior tour.

Met him a few times since I stopped playing, and he is always friendly, a fun to catch up with.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back