News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Geoffrey_Walsh

Wonderful Cypress Point slideshow on Youtube
« on: May 10, 2011, 10:51:42 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auRtefNMzU0&feature=related

Having never played the course, this video provides a glimpse of what it might be like to walk the routing.  The group of photos reminded me of the great work Joe Bausch does on this site!

Tim Bert

Re: Wonderful Cypress Point slideshow on Youtube
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 11:43:02 PM »
Geoffrey - Thank you for the kind words. 

I think the club should have whoever did this back out to walk the course again so he can take some additional photos in order to make that slideshow even more comprehensive!

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 05:58:31 AM »
Www.puregolf2010.com has an excellent video of Jamie and Goldy playing CP. It is well worth passing an hour or so just deleving further into their site.
Cave Nil Vino

Adam Clayman

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 07:58:04 AM »
It's been 10 yrs since my Caddie Cup round. Lots of changes. I wonder who did what? Some I like and some I'm not so sure.

It does look like the 9th green might've been softened
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Jud_T

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 08:12:51 AM »
The slide show is fantastic, but Vangelis?  How about King Crimson, Larks Tongues in Aspic.....
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Tim Martin

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 08:26:00 AM »
Fantastic slideshow presentation and a glimpse into what would be a magical day.

Tim Bert

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 08:29:45 AM »
King Crimson never stuck with me despite a real attempt. The music selection was more about "Conquest of Paradise" and the epic building of the song than it was Vangelis but you can't please everyone.

Jud_T

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 08:51:17 AM »
Not sure anything Vangelis ever did can be called "Epic"....but great slide show nevertheless... ;)
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Jim Eder

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 09:51:40 AM »
I just can never get tired of seeing Cypress, what a special, special place.  If anyone hasn't read "The Match" yet I would highly recommend it. Amazing stuff!!!  Thanks for posting the link to this excellent pictoral.

Stewart Naugler

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 10:48:27 PM »
The 9th green is still it's same devilish self and superintendent Jeff Markow has done most all the work. Jeff's truly a genius and he has an amazing eye for restoring the Doctor's masterpiece. If you compare the original pictures to what Jeff's done in the last 17 years, it's astounding.

Plus Jeff's the greatest guy you'll ever meet.

Here's a couple of pic's from my last year there-

From the top of the sand dune behind #9 green

This is a rare picture from on top of the same sand dune behind #11 green. I love this picture because we were in the process of defining the original fairway lines that had been lost over time. (We also just finished sand top dressing... A week later everything was in perfect condition again)

I took this picture of #9 from #8 green

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 02:17:00 AM »
Tim that was beautiful.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back