News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill Hyde

HELP! Renovation Project Commemorative Piece
« on: April 28, 2011, 03:09:50 PM »
As the lone advertising creative director at my club in Detroit, I have volunteered to do a printed piece to celebrate the recent renovation of our course. I have the content part down pretty much, but I am looking for 2 things: 1) Examples of similar pieces for other clubs (I have seen the one from LACC, pretty nice, and they had the benefit of a writer/architect on the job.) and 2) Examples of really good golf photography I can share with the photographer who will be helping me. Thanks, I appreciate any guidance you may be able to give.

Tim Nugent

Re: HELP! Renovation Project Commemorative Piece
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 03:35:24 PM »
Bill, as to #2, you'ld be better served to just go out and hire a profesional golf photographer.  Not only will the photos be works of art, they know all the tricks to get it right.  As this will also be a Club archive, it will be of some value to future generations.  Your way would be like asking for some good architects plans to show your gardner how to design your course.

If anyone bitches about a few grand, tell them 1) I didn't see you volunteer your time, 2) there isn't anything that can't be done a bit worse for a bit less and 3) the photos will be remebered long after the price has been forgotten.
Coasting is a downhill process

Bill Brightly

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 03:41:00 PM »
 Aidan Bradley photography.

As someone once said here, it's all over when Aidan post's a photo...

http://www.golfcoursephotography.com/home.asp
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 03:59:19 PM by Bill Brightly »

Bill Hyde

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 03:41:50 PM »
I am not ruling that out, I figured this would be a good place to get some suggestions. One of the problems is that bringing a guy in from out of town requires that he arrive on a sunny day...we've had two in the last month!

Tim Nugent

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 04:02:50 PM »
Not to worry, they are professionals and know how to read a weather forecast.  Plus, some of the more stirring photography is right before fronts move in.  A static blue uniform sky is nowhere close to multi-hued clouds or sunsets.
Coasting is a downhill process

JMEvensky

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 04:42:28 PM »

Aidan Bradley photography.

As someone once said here, it's all over when Aidan post's a photo...

http://www.golfcoursephotography.com/home.asp

Agreed.And it looks like,somehow, Aidan brings the sun with him.

Lester George

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 04:55:45 PM »
Check out Jeff Silvermans piece on Country Club of Rochester.  Very fine work.  It inspired me to hire him. 

Golf Photography - Couldnt agree more Tim.  Hire someone for a day and be done with it. 

Lester

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back