News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Andrew Mitchell

Re: Last time you four putted?
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2011, 08:28:07 AM »
I hope we might get a contribution to this thread from Andrew Mitchell after this weekend. Surely four stabs from 6ft has to have a pretty good story attached? ;D Especially from a man who is usually so deadly with that Scotty Cameron in hand!

Thanks for outing me Scott   ;D

Actually the four putt from 6 feet was a five putt from 25 feet  :o

The 10th green at my home course has a sharp slope to it.  The first putt, across the slope, was actually bang on line & looking good but as it slowed the slope took it off line, it shaved the hole and ran downhill to leave me a 6 foot return straight up the hill.  Struck it confidently but it lipped out to about 6 inches above the hole.  Without much attention I went to tap it in with the back of my putter and to my horror I missed and was back 6 foot down the slope again  :o

Groundhog day then set it as the next one lipped out and finished just where I missed the backhand tap from! Made the next for a quadruple bogey eight :(
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Scott Warren

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2011, 08:31:20 AM »
;D Ouch!

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2011, 08:52:06 AM »
;D Ouch!

Exactly!

Mind you I bounced back with a fifteen footer for a birdie at the next hole but of course the round was shot by then.
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2011, 03:46:31 PM »
Twice in 2 days, both the 4th and 17th greens at Augusta
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2011, 04:03:03 PM »
I may have four putted a number of times at Tualatin CC before it was remodeled by Cupp/Fought. There were at least seven greens where a 3 putt was a good bet. Once after finishing a round I went out with a 6 pack and a chair to watch the train wrecks on the 6th green.
The time I remember best was not a fourputt on my part, but a less the brilliant collaboration on the old 7th green. Playing alternate shot our ball ended up front right with the hole cut top left shelf. My 50' first putt lipped out and finished a couple of feet away. Partner lipped out and the ball ended up back at my feet.
Putt #3 ended up on the top shelf, #4 back at my feet. And then a routine two putt. 

Pete_Pittock

Re: Last time you four putted? New
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2011, 09:44:20 PM »
  Preface, last week I had a 9 hole round with 11 putts. Tuesday I played a tournament round with 27 putts. Today was the second round of the tournament at the home course of our esteemed correspondent (Judy) Garland Bayley :-*, starting on the back. Greenspeed about 10.0 to 10.5.
  First driver hooked into trees, great recovery shot to the 150 yd mark, approach to 10 feet for a possible birdie. Score:7. After a par the daunting 135 yard 12th. Water, drop, chunk to short rough and a chip to 5 feet, lying 5. After 5 stabs missing the cup every time both right and left I reached down, picked up the ball and headed to the time-out room on the fringe as a courtesy. After the penalty
shot replacement I did 1-putt for the 12. Total putz for the hole were six.
 I did have another 4 putt after an ageressive birdie putt and decided I needed to update this thread. So that is 2 4-putts and a 6-putt in one round, only 1 higher than Tuesday.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 10:57:19 PM by Pete_Pittock »

Bill_McBride

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2011, 10:11:34 PM »
The originator of this thread, a catalogue of misery on the greens, confesses to a four jack today on the 17th green of the North course of Cherokee CC in Atlanta. Slick mini verde Champion green.  In the greenside bunker, blast to 15' below the hole. First putt lips out, 3' above the hole. The rest is a blur but I'm told I 4-putted.  It all happened so quickly.....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back