News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Gary Daughters

Natural "bunkering"
« on: April 22, 2011, 07:30:06 AM »

Jim Engh or the hand of a higher power?

THE NEXT SEVEN:  Alfred E. Tupp Holmes Municipal Golf Course, Willi Plett's Sportspark and Driving Range, Peachtree, Par 56, Browns Mill, Cross Creek, Piedmont Driving Club

Melvyn Morrow

Re: Natural "bunkering"
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 07:45:34 AM »

Garry

There is such a thing as overkill, although it looks more like an Island Green to me. If I have the scale right that should kill even the long hitters and perhaps bring some sanity back into the game. Ops sorry not while we have the R&A as the Governors, what am I thinking about. ;)

Melvyn

George Freeman

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 07:49:10 AM »
Is that even a golf course?
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Tom Jefferson

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 07:53:34 AM »
Where on earth is this scene located?

My first guess as to formative cause would be volcanic (looks to be volcanic peaks in the distance).  Second guess would be as a result of military bombing....but why that cause, in this seemingly remote location?

Just guessin...........

Tom
the pres

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 07:59:29 AM »

Or bloody big sheep :o

Matt Kardash

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 08:20:10 AM »
Frost heave? They look like Pingo's. Was this picture taken way up north in a periglacial environment?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pingo
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 08:39:19 AM by matt kardash »
the interviewer asked beck how he felt "being the bob dylan of the 90's" and beck quitely responded "i actually feel more like the bon jovi of the 60's"

Tim Nugent

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 08:33:47 AM »
Interesting solution if those crators were already there. Think about it.  From ground level, they visually don't exist.  If one did hit a ball into one, it would be hopelessly lost if it was wild rough.  However, with sand, not only can the ball be found, but actually played.
Coasting is a downhill process

Matt Kardash

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 08:38:07 AM »
Interesting solution if those crators were already there. Think about it.  From ground level, they visually don't exist.  If one did hit a ball into one, it would be hopelessly lost if it was wild rough.  However, with sand, not only can the ball be found, but actually played.

If those are in fact Pingo's they would probably be anywhere from 20 to 70 meters tall. Pete Dye eat your heart out!  ;)
the interviewer asked beck how he felt "being the bob dylan of the 90's" and beck quitely responded "i actually feel more like the bon jovi of the 60's"

Gary Daughters

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 09:53:08 AM »

The picture was taken in Iceland.  Lake Myvatn.  Anyone seen Mike Young?
THE NEXT SEVEN:  Alfred E. Tupp Holmes Municipal Golf Course, Willi Plett's Sportspark and Driving Range, Peachtree, Par 56, Browns Mill, Cross Creek, Piedmont Driving Club

Tim Nugent

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 09:59:51 AM »
I'd love to see some ground level shots.  I'm thinking it would look like an Irish links course.
Coasting is a downhill process

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back