News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tony_Muldoon

Re: O/T 2011 the year Kaymer comes of age.
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2011, 02:14:45 AM »
I'm putting all my chips on Louis Oosthuizen.

There were three breakthrough major winners on tour last year.  Huggan recently wrote about Oosthuisen is already showing signs that he’s complacent about his achievement.   As Matthew has said above McDowell has done very well since his, and he’s the guy I’ll be cheering.  But my money goes with Kaymer.

This is the first time since Tiger got to No 1  that Tiger has been ranked lower than a younger player.  He may not be finished but time is a cruel opponent and 2010 may come to be seen as the year golf changed.  Or maybe not...
Let's make GCA grate again!

Doug Siebert

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2011, 03:39:20 AM »
Discussing whether Tiger is done or not based on four consecutive birdies, or the 3 over par since those birdies is rather like coming to a conclusion on global warming based on the weather at your house last week.
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Jud_T

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2011, 09:21:22 AM »
Pretty awesome leaderboard.  Tiger, Phil, Daly and Kim.  The network's gotta be pumped.  If it's Daly and Tiger in the final group Sunday who would you be rooting for?
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Dean Stokes

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2011, 09:43:23 AM »
Pretty awesome leaderboard.  Tiger, Phil, Daly and Kim.  The network's gotta be pumped.  If it's Daly and Tiger in the final group Sunday who would you be rooting for?
Daly....he needs the money!
Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2011, 06:35:12 PM »
Cool story about Kaymer that someone just told me, who witnessed it first-hand:

He was in Germany over the Easter holidays and worked on the range for the last couple of days with his coach. Nothing unusual about that, except that he went to his old club, which has just a regular, run-of-the-mill public driving range, where everyone can go and practice. The current world #2 personally queued up in the Pro shop, loaded up his chip card and got himself a bucket full of beat-up range balls - just like you and me! No complimentary Pro V1s or caddies shagging his balls, no fences or ropes, he took his place between two 24 handicappers and started peppering the 200 yards sign with a mid iron. Nobody noticed.

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back