News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sam Morrow

Kind of OT But Not Really
« on: April 12, 2011, 11:02:45 PM »
Hit balls with Doug Sanders today, he said St. Andrews was a POS. Treehouse react.

mike_beene

Re: Kind of OT But Not Really
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 11:09:28 PM »
he kind of had a bad day there once!He is wrong.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 11:11:08 PM »
Yeah, he had a bad moment. He also said Augusta plays the same distance today as it did in the 60's. I was kind of pissed though, I was dressed brighter than him.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 11:12:55 PM »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Sam Morrow

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 11:15:02 PM »

mike_beene

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 11:16:15 PM »
Is his swing as short as ever?

Sam Morrow

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 11:17:23 PM »
Is his swing as short as ever?

His full swing goes to his hips. I don't know if he had a stroke or something but his right side is messed up, I shook his hand and it's messed up too.

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 11:45:12 PM »
Sam,

Whatever you do, don't ask him what he thinks of John Brodie.

Bob

mike_beene

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 12:15:49 AM »
ask him Sam.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 12:45:25 AM »
Hit balls with Doug Sanders today, he said St. Andrews was a POS. Treehouse react.

Could you tell me what POS is?
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Garland Bayley

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 12:50:09 AM »

It would seem a POSitive.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

astavrides

Re: Kind of OT But Not Really New
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 01:15:58 AM »
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 07:46:40 PM by astavrides »

Garland Bayley

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 01:19:12 AM »

piece of shit (as Gandhi used to say)

Well, I guess sometimes my instincts miss the mark. :(

Of course one could say that anyone that hires a pimp to carry his clubs is a POS.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 05:29:49 AM »

Sam

Had I made that statement about any American town or city, let alone course, I dread to think of the reaction from the other Members and Reader of GCA.com.

So Sam, please be so kind to advise Mr Sanders that if I have the pleasure of meeting him at my home town he will be returning home via Medicare.

Complain about the golf, about the golf courses but touch on the town and I will happily give Mr Sanders an Old Tom club but it will wrapped around his head. No doubt the other male members of the family will be looking for some souvenirs in the shape of balls (not golf balls).

I will not go as far as to say that Mr Sanders is a POS as I do not know the guy, but one thing for certain he will not forget me if we meet.

My compliments to Mr Sanders and may I suggest that in future he keeps well away from St Andrews, if for no other reason than his continued good health.

From a Scotsman, albeit a none too happy Scotsman. >:(

Melvyn 8)

PS Does your Mr Sanders have a similar feeling about Prestwick, if so, he should not step foot back in Scotland as he will then have no need for Medicare. :'(

Martin Toal

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 06:21:53 AM »
Doug Sanders is entitled to his opinion, even if wrong.

I think some of his clothing during the 60s and 70s was hideous, although easier on the eye than his swing.

Carr Harris

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 07:04:09 AM »
Doug Sanders also once said that he didn't like to play the same course twice in one day because during his 2nd 18 he would hit his drives into his divots from his morning round.

After that how could you take anything he says seriously.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 08:19:39 AM »

Sam

Had I made that statement about any American town or city, let alone course, I dread to think of the reaction from the other Members and Reader of GCA.com.

So Sam, please be so kind to advise Mr Sanders that if I have the pleasure of meeting him at my home town he will be returning home via Medicare.

Complain about the golf, about the golf courses but touch on the town and I will happily give Mr Sanders an Old Tom club but it will wrapped around his head. No doubt the other male members of the family will be looking for some souvenirs in the shape of balls (not golf balls).

I will not go as far as to say that Mr Sanders is a POS as I do not know the guy, but one thing for certain he will not forget me if we meet.

My compliments to Mr Sanders and may I suggest that in future he keeps well away from St Andrews, if for no other reason than his continued good health.

Melvyn 8)

PS Does your Mr Sanders have a similar feeling about Prestwick, if so, he should not step foot back in Scotland as he will then have no need for Medicare. :'(

Melvyn, I think he was talking about the Old Course, not the Auld Grey Toon.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

He was lucky Nicklaus' putter didn't hit him in the head!

jeffwarne

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 08:20:26 AM »

Sam

Melvyn 8)

Now that would be an encounter I'd pay to see ;D ;D ;D
I'd guess anyone with a 4 inch backswing could counter punch with the best of them.....
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

jonathan_becker

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 08:47:01 AM »
What's absolutely crazy about Sanders is that he was terrified of using white tees, but then he uses one on the last hole of the most important tournament of his life!  We all know how that ended up for him. 

Also, when I was in high school I played in his junior tournament down in Dallas.  We show up for the pre-tournament dinner waiting to hear Sanders speak to everyone and the guy never showed up.  Not that it really mattered to me, as I just wanted to see what he was wearing.  The tournament officials made up some lame excuse on why he never showed.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 08:50:17 AM »
What's absolutely crazy about Sanders is that he was terrified of using white tees, but then he uses one on the last hole of the most important tournament of his life!  We all know how that ended up for him. 

Also, when I was in high school I played in his junior tournament down in Dallas.  We show up for the pre-tournament dinner waiting to hear Sanders speak to everyone and the guy never showed up.  Not that it really mattered to me, as I just wanted to see what he was wearing.  The tournament officials made up some lame excuse on why he never showed.

Just like mystery novels - cherchez la femme!

Kalen Braley

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011, 10:59:18 AM »
Doug who?

I guess it must be tough to fall out of the spotlight when you used to be the "Peacock of the Fairways"  ;)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 11:11:23 AM by Kalen Braley »

mike_beene

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 08:51:03 PM »
Melvyn,he has been to St Andrews and you already got him good!Don't put him out of his misery.

Pat Burke

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2011, 02:43:38 AM »
Would his comment be considered pre-karma?

Melvyn, you don't have to worry about getting him.  The 18th green already did that!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back