News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Malcolm Mckinnon

Re: Just step up and hit it!!
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 09:33:28 PM »
Kavo,

So far you have yet to comment on the meat of my post which essentially could be boiled down to yet another "free your mind" cliche. This is drawn from actual experience so I guess you find it unassailable.

Why is it that you assail me instead on imagined infractions. Were you hiding behind a tree spying on me last Sunday?

Why stop at just not raking bunkers. Perhaps you also saw me miss a putt and sink my putter in anger into the green. I may have lost it completely on the third tee and bent the ball washer over in a rage. You should contact the board of governors and demand my expulsion from the club at once. I encourage you to do so. Our Club Manager is Donna Delorenzo and the phone number is (609) 924-3198. I look forward to contradicting your accusations in front of the club board in person.

If you are not willing to step up in person I would kindly request that you shut your trap.

Otherwise, I look forward to seeing you along with the rest of our board of governors.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 10:11:36 PM by Malcolm Mckinnon »

John Mayhugh

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 09:56:29 PM »
Malcolm,
You might enjoy these excerpts from the Golf Club Suggestion Book by Duncan Ferguson & John Wilson.  These were previously posted by Mark Chaplin here.
http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,47387.msg1058253.html#msg1058253

"The dog situation on the course at weekends has now reached epidemic proportions. If owners are unable to train their dogs so that they stay with the match in which their owner is participating, may I suggest that they should be kept on a lead. Yesterday, play in my game was interrupted by a case of rape on the 3rd green, indecent assault on the 12th and a damn good fight on the 15th. As far as I know none of the dogs had paid a green fee"

The reply; Well-behaved dogs have always been welcome except on competition days. Poorly behaved or immoral one should be reported to the secretary.    Royal St Georges

20 August 1933 - "That Mr Hunter's dog be destroyed. It attacked and bit me this evening at 6pm. I was walking outside the shop when it rushed at me from the garden of the ladies' clubhouse."

The suggestion book is reserved exclusively for the use of members of the Royal Cinque Ports Golf Club.

A further entry; That the above suggestion is an unwarranted piece of impudence. This is a members' Club and most members possibly prefer the presence of the dog to that of the aggrieved visitor. I heartily endorse the above. It only showed the dog's bad taste.

Malcolm Mckinnon

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 10:27:12 PM »
John Mayhugh,

Yes, I saw these quotes from the older thread on dogs and golf courses in the UK.

I will acquire this book.

I love the story of the dog rushing someone from the ladies clubhouse and their alarm. My golden retriever rushes also but for petting and love, no bites.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 10:34:16 PM by Malcolm Mckinnon »

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2011, 10:33:26 PM »
Malcolm,

I'm confused, did your dog play in the bunkers or not?  Don't worry, I will neither snitch on dog or man.

Malcolm Mckinnon

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2011, 10:37:17 PM »
Kavo,

Why ask?

You were there, right?

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2011, 10:39:03 PM »
Thank you.

Malcolm Mckinnon

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2011, 12:38:24 AM »
Kavo,

Again, you may turn me in. I give up!

(609) 924-3198,  ask for Donna Delorenzo. Tell her you are turning me in for violations of your by-laws.

You will have to describe all my misdeeds and We will go to trial. Your word vs. mine.

See you in court!

Malcolm

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back