News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Saltzman

Re: NC Business Journal Top 100
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2012, 07:54:17 PM »
Carl, it's not in the sand hills but it was close enough for me!

rjsimper

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2012, 07:54:57 PM »
Is there really that large of a difference between Pine Needles and Mid Pines?

If I was planning an architectural learning trip to he sand hills region and I included #2, Dormie, Tobacco Rd and one other, what should it be?

Yes there is a pretty significant difference. I don't know that it's 29 courses worse than Pine Needles, but PN is superior. Mid Pines and Southern Pines are much closer to being in the same class.

Carl Johnson

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2012, 07:59:32 PM »
Carl, it's not in the sand hills but it was close enough for me!

Sorry, I did not read your initial post closely enough.  Going back to it now, you did acknowledge that it was not a sand hills course.

hhuffines

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2012, 11:02:52 PM »
This discussion comes up each spring and it's really not worth much discussion.  Even my home club, Carolina CC made the list one year and it's not top 20 in Raleigh.   There are some good folks on the panel and it is a business magazine.  I think a lot of them vote for places they play and enjoy often.   You also have to remember that access to Diamond Creek, Wade Hampton, Eagle Point and even Forest Creek can be difficult for most North Carolinians.   

Is Champion Hills top 10 in North Carolina?  Only GD seems to think so. 

Chip Gaskins

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2012, 11:12:25 PM »
Even my home club, Carolina CC made the list one year and it's not top 20 in Raleigh.

really?  i have never played it though i went to school at state and carolina, but i thought for sure Carolina CC was better than that??

Bruce Wellmon

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2012, 11:20:29 PM »
Carolina GC is woefully underrated.
Wade Hampton is next to Rock Barn?
Rock Barn ahead of Old Town?
Curious........

I said it last year, and I say it again

hhuffines

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2012, 11:35:06 PM »
Chip, a lot of people enjoy Carolina but its short, hilly and has a strange mix of holes.  I guess it could be a "hidden gem" type of place although one of the best attributes is its location in middle Raleigh.  It usually offers great conditions and is a fun place to play.  There may be some remnants of Tillinghast and his consultation there but I would be hard pressed to name them.  I would prefer to play Raleigh CC.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back