News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

NY Times Article On TW's Design Business
« on: April 02, 2011, 07:10:51 PM »
FYI, but not a whole lot of new news here: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/03/business/03tiger.html?_r=1&hpw

Tim Martin

Re: NY Times Article On TW's Design Business
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 08:21:50 PM »
Hard to blame Tiger for any one of the three projects not being completed. The economic downturn and the squeeze on high end real estate development were the death knell and not his involvement. Additionally Tiger Woods`s Design was paid far too much and up front which further strained the cash flow of said projects. Going forward Tiger`s design business will likely see no new projects until one of the current three is completed and receives positive reviews. It is doubtful that he will reap that type of compensation anytime soon if ever.

Mike Sweeney

Re: NY Times Article On TW's Design Business
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 08:38:43 PM »
Hard to blame Tiger for any one of the three projects not being completed.

How so?

He could have started with a 9 hole course for a Tiger Woods Learning Center, but he chose to go high end. Enough is enough, let's please stop making excuses for this guy. Other than the fact that he is poorer because he wrote a check because he got caught, has he really changed?

Honestly, I don't really care about what he does or does not do, but enough of the cover stories and President Bell quotes.

PS. I think John "Hit and Run" Kavanaugh is a jerk for calling out Ishikawa at 19 years old. The kid did the right thing for his country and hopefully he will benefit long term. It will incentivize others to do the same.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 08:45:35 PM by Mike Sweeney »

Tim Martin

Re: NY Times Article On TW's Design Business New
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 09:05:06 PM »
Hard to blame Tiger for any one of the three projects not being completed.

How so?

He could have started with a 9 hole course for a Tiger Woods Learning Center, but he chose to go high end. Enough is enough, let's please stop making excuses for this guy. Other than the fact that he is poorer because he wrote a check because he got caught, has he really changed?

Honestly, I don't really care about what he does or does not do, but enough of the cover stories and President Bell quotes.

PS. I think John "Hit and Run" Kavanaugh is a jerk for calling out Ishikawa at 19 years old. The kid did the right thing for his country and hopefully he will benefit long term. It will incentivize others to do the same.

Mike-Did you read the article? I`m not making any excuses for Tiger. Your are missing the point completely. What does him writing a check to his ex wife or getting caught have to do with any of the three projects he was involved with not being completed? Try to separate your personal feelings from the economic realities of the golf industry of the last three years. As far as the Ishikawa donation you are preaching to the choir and posting in the wrong thread. You should log off and watch UCONN get into the final and remember that the Eagles had a chance to stay in the Big East and instead left like thieves in the night. Karma`s a bitch huh? ;)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 10:10:54 PM by Tim Martin »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back