News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

Big News From NGLA
« on: April 01, 2011, 08:40:10 AM »
http://buffalogolfer.com/wordpress/?p=707

Don't know how this little website got to break such a big story, but that's the shock and awe of the internet.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Joe Bausch

Re: Big News From NGLA
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 08:41:39 AM »
Dear Tricks,

Oh my.

Sincerely,
Annie
------------------
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 08:44:03 AM by Joe Bausch »
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Tom Fussell

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 08:42:49 AM »
I would consider the DATELINE of the story........

Adam Clayman

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 08:44:29 AM »
Someone will use this article to further their cause. Well done Tricks!
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Ian Andrew

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 08:49:38 AM »
If you wrote Rees.....

He is a member - and has recommended new tees to the club.

Tim Martin

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 08:56:44 AM »
Tricks-Although not mentioned in the article I`m sure this will include new cart paths at least 10 yards wide on each hole in keeping with long held beliefs of architectural traditionalists. Is there any sort of groundswell from the greens committee to install a waterfall or at the very least a clowns mouth on one of the inward nine greens? Thanks.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 09:22:16 AM »
Tim...those are excellent questions...I'm certain that if you wrote the author, he could do a little more digging with his "shovel."
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tim Martin

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 09:29:46 AM »
Tim...those are excellent questions...I'm certain that if you wrote the author, he could do a little more digging with his "shovel."

;D ;D ;D

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 10:04:00 AM »
Ron,

Is there any way you could discontinue using the long name.  Those of us in rural areas take forever to download every thread on which you post.  We lost one of our finest posters, Dunlap White, over this very issue because of people refusing to downsize pictures.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 10:25:28 AM »
Kavanaugh and Montesano each have nine letters...what's the ish?
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

George_Bahto

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 10:38:15 AM »
This really pisses me off.

I've been working with the administration of the National Golf Links for years ` "under the radar," of course, since they do not like to add architect's names to their club. THESE WERE ALL MY IDEAS!!!!!

So what do they do? they go and hire these two big name archies instead of me

Unbelievable
If a player insists on playing his maximum power on his tee-shot, it is not the architect's intention to allow him an overly wide target to hit to but rather should be allowed this privilege of maximum power except under conditions of exceptional skill.
   Wethered & Simpson

Scott Szabo

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 10:53:25 AM »
Finally.  Somebody who knows what they are talking about.  I can't wait to see the finished product.  It will now be on my list of must-plays once this transformation is complete!
"So your man hit it into a fairway bunker, hit the wrong side of the green, and couldn't hit a hybrid off a sidehill lie to take advantage of his length? We apologize for testing him so thoroughly." - Tom Doak, 6/29/10

Craig Disher

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 11:10:05 AM »
Having seen first hand Hills' deft hand with classic courses, I'm sure the members will be thrilled.

jkinney

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 11:48:36 AM »
What ?!....no waterfalls and boulder fiields framing blue tinted lakes ?!!

Matthew Petersen

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 12:33:29 PM »
Would have been much funnier if it had been even slightly subtle.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 12:43:46 PM »
Subtlety is overrated...I think it was Rees or Trent that said that.

It was written for the masses who might not understand subtlety, although references to waterfalls and pyramids were left out to avoid too much obviousness.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 01:59:47 PM by Ronald Tricks O'Hooligan Montesano »
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2011, 12:56:28 PM »
I wish I could've had you as a teacher in high school.  I guess you get what you pay for!  (I slummed at O'Hara!)

Joe Bausch

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 PM »
One of the best I ever saw pulled off was back in 1991, the day before April 1st, in the school newspaper at UPenn.  It was a front page story that due to a variety of reasons, the Ivy League school was going public and combining with the Penn State campuses, the result being Penn State at Philadelphia.  It was really well done.

Carl Nichols

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 01:43:12 PM »
Joe-
UPenn isn't part of Penn State?

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2011, 02:01:16 PM »
UPenn is a community college, no?

Can't believe that no one recognized that the "author" wrote "overhaul" as "overhall" in the title...just made that correction.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Joe Bausch

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2011, 11:37:48 PM »
If the date does not get you, then read the names of the quoted parties. lol good joke!!

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2011, 10:46:50 AM »
[.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 03:35:42 PM by Patrick_Mucci »

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2011, 03:35:04 PM »
http://buffalogolfer.com/wordpress/?p=707

Don't know how this little website got to break such a big story, but that's the shock and awe of the internet.

Ron,

One of the parties mentioned in the article has responded and explained everything about the proposed changes.

Please read the response as quoted below

Patricio Mucinex responds:

Those proposed changes are the ideas and result of 20 years of lobbying by an idiot-savant and non-resident former faux member, a Philadelphian currently confined to a local institution, Happydale Farms, TEPaul.

Mr Paul and several of his fellow inmates at Happydale Farms have long held the belief  that Huge Wilson designed NGLA and that CB McDonald stole Mr Wilson’s  plans and detailed drawings of the famous holes in the UK when Mr Wilson returned from his secret expedition to the UK in 1902 aboard Drexle Paul’s yacht, “Coorshaw”.  Mr Paul claims that this visit was falsely and intentionally misreported as having taken place in 1912 by Tom Moriarison of the Las Angles Times.

Mr Paul and his fellow inmates at Happydale Farms have long held that NGLA was mislocated, with all of the holes improperly designed when CBM flipped them over and presented Huge Wilson’s stolen plans, upside-down to a local surveyor, Seth Reyner.  Mr Reyner, knowing nothing about golf, then drew the holes, not just in reverse, but with the wrong orientation.  Mr Paul maintains that the overhaul will restore NGLA to Huge Wilson’s original vision, a vision that has long been a secret to those outside of the padded walls of Happydale Farms.

As an aside, it should be noted that Mr Paul and his fellow inmates are attempting to purchase the Las Angles Times in an effort to purge or correct the alleged typo-transposition error as originally reported by Mr Moriarison, from 1912 to 1902.

Attempts to reach Mr Paul for further comment have been hampered by the fact that he and his fellow inmates have chewed through the phone lines cutting off all communications with the outside world.  Previously, all sharp untensils had been removed from that wing of Happydale Farms.

Tangentially, another fellow inmate, Mike Cerebral has been attempting to prove that Pre-Columbian maps, depicting the world as flat, are in fact correct.

I will keep you informed as matters develop.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2011, 09:28:45 AM »
Pat,
Thank you for bringing this comment to my attention. I thought that they had used "Privacy," not "Coorshaw." They still have phone lines at Happydale Farms? I thought they might have joined the 21st century wireless movement by now.  Ahh, tipos.

If anyone else hears of such input, or has some of his own, please leave it here (I will pass it on to the "author") or on that wee golfing website where the piece first appeared.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back