News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Golfweek Amateur Golf Tour in Philly,NJ&DE
« on: March 29, 2011, 11:21:01 PM »
http://www.amateurgolftour.net/allschedule.asp Click on Philly Metro

Some good courses: Metedecock, Philmont North, Reading, Galloway, Emerald Links, Wyncote, Woodcrest...

Anyone interested?
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Bill Shotzbarger

Re: Golfweek Amateur Golf Tour in Philly,NJ&DE
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 02:16:16 PM »
I'm pleasantly surprised to see that the tournaments are held on saturdays! I'll have to think about it.

At $225, Galloway appears to be expensive. But compared to what the other NJ Shore area courses charge in peak season (August) it's actually quite a steal.

Sean Remington (SBR)

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 03:00:34 PM »
I am thinking about it.  Need to check with the boss at home before I can commit.  Looks like it has potential

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 04:02:23 PM »
I once had the misfortune of playing on a Saturday at Penn National who was hosting a TIAA "amateur" tournament.  After 2.5 hours, we had just finished the 5th hole.   Needless to say, we returned to the clubhouse for a refund.

Mark Smolens

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 04:34:20 PM »
I spoke with the guy who heads the Chicago version of the Golfweek Amateur Tour at the recent golf show, asking about their pace of play. "Oh, we get around in about 5 hours -- it's tournament golf you know, that's standard." If the guy tells me it's "around 5 hours," can you imagine what it really is?

Needless to say, I will stick with the Weekly Challenge Golf Tour, where we generally get around in less than 4 and 1/2 hours, and are required to play ready golf at all times. . . (and with a schedule that includes most of the top tier publics in the Chicago area, along with Kemper Lakes and Olympia Fields South)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back