News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Chris Buie

Welcome to GCA Kevin Drum
« on: March 20, 2011, 07:12:36 PM »
My friend Kevin is now ready to add his voice to the group.  He runs a company called Drum Marketing Solutions as well as working at the Mississippi Gulf Coast Golf Association promoting tourism.  That was a slight challenge last year, as you can imagine.  He is the son of the legendary journalist Bob Drum who egged his good friend Arnold Palmer on to his only U.S. Open crown - and more or less invented the modern Grand Slam - among many, many other adventures. 
I wouldn't say GCA is his primary interest of the golf realm - but he is quite keen on it as you will see in his upcoming post on Tom Bendelow. 
Anyway, lets give him a nice welcome.

Mac Plumart

Re: Welcome to GCA Kevin Drum
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 08:39:26 PM »
Welcome Kevin!  Any friend of Chris' is a friend of mine.  I look forward to hearing your thoughts in the near future.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Gary Slatter

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 09:01:22 PM »
Welcome Kevin!  I enjoyed meeting your father a few times on Grand Bahama Island, at the Emerald and Lucayan clubs.
Look forward to your posts.
Gary Slatter
gary.slatter@raffles.com

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 10:44:01 PM »
Welcome Kevin! Always good to have more marketing guys here on GCA!
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Tom_Doak

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 12:15:22 AM »
Kevin:

Welcome -- and good luck with that Gulf Coast thing!

I met your dad many years ago when I was just starting to get around the golf business.  He was a legend among his peers and rightly so.

Kris Shreiner

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 07:08:14 AM »
Welcome Kevin! I had the good fortune of spending a wonderful, rollicking afternoon in your dad Bob's company, with a fellow caddie buddy of mine, at a World series of Golf Fall event held at Olympic Club back in the 90's. He held court in the grill room there that day and this history/journalism major had an afternoon I'll never forget! Dad was a prince and his stories had us both laughing and spellbound on that memorable day.

It's a darn good crew on here most of the time. So put on the armor and thrust and parry when the spirit moves you!

Cheers,
Kris
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

Kevin Drum

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 11:16:42 AM »
Thanks very much for the welcome guys.  I will get back with you later today when I am finished working.

Terry Lavin

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 11:43:39 AM »
You're a GCA?

The last thing we need around here is somebody who knows what they're talking about!

Welcome.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

PThomas

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 12:18:46 PM »
welcome Kevin

when CBS used to have those "Drummer's Beat" pieces, they were awesome....God only knows why they dont have such creative , different and entertaining pieces nowadays...
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Kevin Drum

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 05:00:56 PM »
Thanks very much for the welcome guys.  I will get back with you later today when I am finished working.

Kevin Drum

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 05:16:39 PM »
Thanks for the welcome and the kind words on my dad. I will work on my run on senteces and try to not get on the soap bix to much. I apologize in advance - my dad taught me a total disregard for the facts getting in the way of a good story so I sometimes lean that way but will try to ge tback on track with this facutally knowledgable group.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back