News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

George_Bahto

John Morsut: RIP
« on: March 28, 2011, 05:01:36 PM »
RIP - John Morsut - a good friend

superintendent

I met John and spent a lot of time with this young man when he was the course superintendent at the North Palm Beach CC in FL.   John was a member of the Seth Raynor Society and attended a few annual meetings.

I first contacted John when I found out that NPCC was Seth Raynor’s last design.

I was involved with the course when they first thought of renovating the course, which JN eventually did.

John Andrew Morsut, age 48 of Jupiter, FL died Friday March 25th, 2011 at Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. He was born in Teaneck, NJ. John graduated from Palm Beach Community College with an A.A. and attended Lake City Community College where he received his A.S. in Golf Course Operations

If a player insists on playing his maximum power on his tee-shot, it is not the architect's intention to allow him an overly wide target to hit to but rather should be allowed this privilege of maximum power except under conditions of exceptional skill.
   Wethered & Simpson

Kris Shreiner

Re: John Morsut: RIP
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 08:15:42 PM »
Wow, 48 is awful young. Sorry for your loss George, he obviously left a strong impression on you. Remember the fond moments, in the end that time spent is most important.

Peace,
Kris
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

john_stiles

Re: John Morsut: RIP
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 10:58:06 PM »

He was so much fun to be around and had such enthusiam for Raynor.

It was fun to look over the photos and sketches and imagine what could have been before the powers to be went the other way with JN. 

You could see John light up when John and George were discussing Raynor at NPCC.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back