News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

George Pazin

Re:Finally got to play Augusta! (w/ photos)
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2005, 05:47:36 PM »
Man, if there was ever a time Patrick was totally right, it was on Augusta. He always says it's totally different to play in person, but I didn't realize just how different till I read your post.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

James Edwards

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2005, 07:01:29 PM »
Yes, another gullable brit here too  >:(
@EDI__ADI

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2005, 11:01:52 PM »
You just ROCK, Daryl...great stuff!!!

I am soooo jealous at your good fortune...maybe I too will someday have the JOY of playing in Augusta...
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2005, 12:47:44 PM »
Turboe:

Your headline made me happy for you, but a bit envious, maybe a tad more than a bit :D

Cary

Thats funny Cary, because I have gotten phone calls from two friends who said the same thing.  They admitted to it bringing out a side in them they were ashamed of, they both said some variation on the fact that until they got into the pictures they were jealous and a little mad that it was me and not them.  It is funny how that will effect you.
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Allan Long

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2005, 02:16:39 PM »
It was -15 here two nights ago, but somehow, seeing this
took away the pain that there seems to be no golf in my near
future. Well done.  :)
I don't know how I would ever have been able to look into the past with any degree of pleasure or enjoy the present with any degree of contentment if it had not been for the extraordinary influence the game of golf has had upon my welfare.
--C.B. Macdonald

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2005, 11:30:10 PM »
I have had a couple people ask me about this thread that couldnt find it.  So here it is...
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

cary lichtenstein

Re: Finally got to play Augusta! (w/ photos)
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2019, 02:31:05 PM »
My last 2 rounds of golf that I ever played were in March 2008. They were played at Augusta. I then went under the knife and have never played again, but went under the knife 2 more times, most recent was April 1, 2018 for a fusion of L3/4. I love watching the Masters more than any tournament.

I will say this: Watching the Masters is much more exciting than playing the course. Without the crowds on every fairway and green, it does not look the same.

I did 4 putt twice and dump it in water on 15 after hitting the front edge of the green. I chipped in for a birdie on 9, made par on 13 both times. Played the par 3, which was a hoot.

My host was a terrific guy, played with him, his son and my friend. It was the 100th course on Golf Digest's top 100 from 2005 that I played. My bucket list was complete. Great memories.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Greg Hohman

Re: Finally got to play Augusta! (w/ photos)
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2019, 07:42:51 AM »
Bravo, Turboe. Please email me at mail@newmonumentsgc.com, thanks.
newmonumentsgc.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back