News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Niall C

Re: Your opinion on the Get To Know series is requested...
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2011, 02:26:20 PM »
George

I'm very happy to see your threads continue not so much to necessarily learn what football team so and so supports but more that it can with the right participant lead to some interesting chat on gca. Incidentally, you were kind enough to ask me if I was interested in participating when you first started these threads and I had to decline as I didn't have the time to make myself available to respond. I think thats the key to these threads, is how much time the participant puts into responding.

Unfortunately times still short for me or I would happily volunteer.

Niall

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 02:31:09 PM »
George,

I don't hate you and don't feel I have ever said anything hateful to you.  I think even you know that a new GTK thread would be more interesting than a do you want another GTK thread.  You seem to have some strange desire to be the master of ceremonies for this circus.  Don't get offended if the clowns break into your routine.

Please, because I am sincerely interested, how are these pre-threads of yours anything but self indulgent?  

George Pazin

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2011, 02:44:15 PM »
Please, because I am sincerely interested, how are these pre-threads of yours anything but self indulgent?  

I simply asked to see if enough people were still interested. Sure, I could've thrown up a fresh GTK thread, but what if everyone were sick of them/me and ignored the person featured? How would that be fair to that person?

I don't pretend to know what everyone is thinking, so I asked. Nothing more, nothing less.

Much like you, I've shared enough that I think just about everyone has solidified his opinion and it isn't changing with these threads you feel are self-indulgent. You choose to read things in a different manner than most, clearly. Sometimes that's helpful, but also sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Have a nice day. Let me know if you'd like to do a thread. I'm looking to restart with industry people, but you're welcome to join the fray at any time.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

JMEvensky

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2011, 02:47:50 PM »
Assuming these threads are self indulgent,wouldn't the indulgence inure to the guy answering the questions?

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2011, 02:53:00 PM »
Assuming these threads are self indulgent,wouldn't the indulgence inure to the guy answering the questions?

Have you ever watched The Actors Studio?  It's kind of like that.

George Pazin

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 02:54:22 PM »

John means the pre-threads, not the actuals. At least I think he does. I knew he'd have a problem with this thread, and as I said, I think he's kinda right in his own way, I just think the benefits outweigh the costs.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 03:02:48 PM »
I apologize, I just found this old tape of a GTK with a taller and younger Tom Huckaby.  Not self indulgent at all.  Sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP7LuYMhfYk

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back