News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Alex Miller

Re: Introduction...
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2011, 09:17:04 PM »
Thanks for the extra pics!

I hope I'm not the only one, but what's this new/old business with the 15th tee at CPC? I've never heard anything about the current tee not being the original, but I'd love to hear more about it.

Stewart Naugler

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2011, 09:21:01 PM »
No problem! I've had so many PM's asking for pictures of certain holes. I love sharing my collection with people that truly appreciate it.

The original tee is actually now the ladies/seniors tee. The tee by the ocean was added after the final construction was done. It becomes clear when you study the shape of the green and the way the bunkers are laid out. I can get more dates and info on the subject if you'd like.

-Stu
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 09:23:17 PM by SNaugler »

Stewart Naugler

Update
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2011, 06:55:33 PM »
I know many of you have been curious about what position I'm taking in Chicago (PM's). I've taken an assistant superintendent position for the north course at Olympia Fields Country Club. I had several offers but I truly wanted to go to a club that was interested in holding major tournaments. OFCC has a great membership and will be holding several major tournaments in the next five years, including the U.S. Girls Amateur, Western Amateur, Junior Ryder Cup, NCAA tournaments, and The U.S. Men's Amateur. With Olympia Field's storied history and exciting future, I couldn't think of a better club to continue my career at.

It was difficult to turn down so many great opportunities but I really look forward to providing Olympia Field's members and guests with the best possible playing conditions.

Thanks for all the advice and encouragement!

-Stu

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2011, 07:27:22 PM »
Congratulations, Stu!  OFCC is a truly superb facility.  All the best and good luck in your new job.

Mark

Stewart Naugler

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2011, 07:43:09 PM »
Thanks Mark!

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2011, 09:57:56 PM »
Congrats Stu! I'll be excited to get a behind the scenes look at major championship preparation in the upcoming summers from you.

Let me know if you make it up to Minneapolis for any reason.
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Stewart Naugler

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2011, 11:05:53 PM »
Thanks Pat!

In the next couple of weeks I'm going to post some photos and videos from the 8 days I spent at last years U.S. Open. I spent 16 hours a day, for 8 days working with Chris Dalhamer's staff and the USGA preparing the course. I've worked at several major championships but the U.S. Open is second to none. Watching Mike Davis set the pins in the morning, then taking greens speed and firmness readings in the afternoon was a great experience.

Best experience of my life.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2011, 11:48:12 PM »
Stu,

Congrats on your new job.  Bruce Hepner and I worked with Sam Mackenzie when he was at Broadmoor CC down in Indianapolis; you couldn't have a better guy to work for.

Jud_T

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2011, 06:57:10 AM »
Stu,

Congrats and welcome to the Windy City.  Can't think of a better club for what you're looking for in the area.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Stewart Naugler

« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2011, 02:29:22 PM »
Tom- Thanks! I value your opinion and that was one of the deciding factors in taking the position. Working for the right superintendent is just as important as working for the right club.

Jud- Thanks! I appreciate it.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back